The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I also remember Ford Mavericks getting glowing reviews in car magazines years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if Yugos also were praised by those same writers back then although I wonder how many remember that pathetic example of a car they once imported here from Yugoslavia back when the Soviet Union was still in control.

The old magazine I got a kick out of was the one they tested the guns and loads out on pigs and documented the terminal ballistics and how they both performed.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Did you ever see the RAVE reviews that the now discontinued magazine "GUN TESTS" had to say
about the Ravens?

THEY praised them like crazy!
Mine was "reviewed" by me along with a real turd Saturday night special that's keeping it company in the Atlantic.
I dispose of garbage ASAP. NOT a hoarder.
Though those would have made good "throw downs"

·
Registered
238 Posts
Back when they were still Raven, my brother was an FFL and got a box of the little gems cheap, he decided I needed one. every one of them we shot, the mag fell out of, other people have told me the same thing. It was so bad we would run a strip of duct tape down one side of the grip, across the mag, and up the other grip. We got to calling the Raven grip sleeves, total pieces of garbage, as has been said above, they were great ham sandwiches.

Reactions: mrhonda

·
Registered
God, Country the Wife and German Shepherds. These are a few of my favorite things
18 Posts
Had one, the 25's are definitely a little better than the 22's in the way of reliability

·
Registered
18,566 Posts
I Do have various of the jennings/bryco/raven guns, as well as a lorcin.. in the 22/25/380 range.. as well as the prehistoric Haskel 45 which is grandfather to high point.

Do the guns operate? sure. Are they high quality? no. They are like cheap cars.. as long as they are maintained.. and low milage.. they will run. When they start getting more than average use.. they start getting issues. Most of the issues are not correctable due to some of them having zamack alloy frame and slide parts.. thus once they wear to a point that problems occur.. they are done for.

I have one of each mentioned the above. They are all low hours.. low rounds.. like less than 60. except the haskel.. it's actually seen plenty of use... but then it is beefy.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts