jennings model 48

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by atawa1979, Apr 21, 2009.

1. atawa1979

atawa1979 New Member

my Jennings model 48 is jamming really bad i have cleaned and oiled it well.any ideas anyone???

2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

they make excellent paperweights not heavy enough to be a anchor. but seriously. the jennings are not known to be worth fussing with. once they start acting up they are best disposed off. company has long since went out of business and parts harder to find. you have to weigh your options it's a 50 to 75 dollar handgun how much are you willing to spend to fix it. sure it could be a simple problem but is it worth it to track down the trouble and then fix it ?

3. olmossbak

olmossbak New Member

Two of my son's in-laws bought new Jennings and took them to the range the same day. They both self-destructed also on that same day.

4. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

When you go to your local range and see one melted in the ash tray as an illustration to how good the metal is, you'd think twice about firing one. Had one, and got rid of it.

5. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

:D i knew they were of poor quality i didn't know they melt. so they have some btu value and perhaps you could make fishing sinkers from them once they're melted down

6. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I'm sure non of the above answers are what you want but they are right. I may be all you have but really from a mechanical standpoint the probable reason its jamming is that the mechanical parts are degrading. I've seen it before on many of there models. They use a lack luster hi carbon steel that just erodes with every shot. They are not really meant to be fixed. I had a guy bring one to me with a feed problem and I told him I would take a look at it b/c it was all he had and he said he liked it. Long story short, the slide was coming off the rails. The recoil spring is all that was keeping it intact.