Jesse James made POTUS a Gun

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by 2A-Jay, Feb 8, 2018.

1. PlanoAttorney

PlanoAttorney Well-Known Member

This thread is proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe over the top, but I like it!

Larry Grimes likes this.
  2. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

I've always thought beauty was in the tire off the beer holder... But yours makes sense too! :p:D:rolleyes:

3. gwpercle

gwpercle Member

If it gets the Liberals and the news media's panties all bunched up in a big knot.....I love it.
    All I can say about the 1911 is it's not quite my style...but whatever floats your boat...go for it !
    Gary

Larry Grimes likes this.
  4. Rothhammer1

Rothhammer1 Well-Known Member

Many, if not most, of the firearms that you see in film and television productions are custom made, blank firing, weapons that cannot chamber or fire a live round and are classified as 'non gun' by the ATF.

That's how prop houses are still able to build 'Hollywood' versions of such things as Thompson Submachine Guns in the post - 1986 world.

On the other hand, why would you assume that "newer actors" would not be legally allowed to handle and / or to possess firearms?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 3:50 PM
  5. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member Supporting Member

While some may be props, many are not and use special barrels designed to run off blanks with restricted barrel inserts. I have been around several of these. And Hollywood has one of the biggest arsenals dating way back and some belted weapons can be seen if paying attention are running full sized issue blanks (military).

I assume nothing about just "newer actors" but some have had any number of issues from arrest and some even prior to their careers. A few have done time and then became famous and still work with modified legal firearms.

While I don`t think any in a certain movie, I will tell you of one that went up for auction in early 2000 was the infamous Fast-Pac minigun of which few we ever produced. It`s opening bid was 200k which was to include 2 firing barrels sets-1 blank firing barrel-two servos-2battery packs and 2 feed trays and one extra backpack.

6. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

I like 1911's but that for lack of a better word "thing" is butt fugly.

crystalphoto likes this.