Jim Rome - what a horse's arse

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (6/5/02 10:29:08 pm)
    Reply Jim Rome - what a horse's arse
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anybody else catch Jim Rome's talk show on the radio today? I'm still so p***ed off about it that I can hardly see straight.

He made the comment that the American team beating some other team (Australian?) in soccer last night was equal in importance to D-Day! No crap, his EXACT words.

Gee, I wonder if the widows, children, and grandchildren of the thousands of American soldiers who died that day would agree that their loved ones giving up their lives was the equivalent of somebody winning or losing a freaking GAME?

A three hour show, he led off with that, and not one single caller reamed him for it. Unbelieveable.

Go Get Beer
    (6/6/02 3:16:55 am)
    Reply Re: Jim Rome - what a horse's arse
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Portugal. You've won 3:2 against Portugal, after both teams put one own goal each.
    I'm sure glad nobody in my country said that our defeat against the South Koreans was like 1st of September 1939...

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (6/6/02 4:29:08 pm)
    Re: Jim Rome - what a horse's arse
    GoGetBeer ---- WELCOME TO T F F ----

I am not aware of the show you have mentioned, but D-Day
    was never ever intended to be compared to a Soccer Game (Not even a Good one).
    Must be a case where someone didn't rule out working with their mouth --- but that shouldn't and does not preclude using one's head!

Charlie D
    Glad you are here
    ENJOY Post every chance ya get

"WE HAVE ENOUGH OF TALKING HEADS,
    HOW ABOUT A FOUNTAIN OF "SMART"?