JP SAUER FOHN 357

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CAMPBELL49T, Apr 12, 2009.

1. CAMPBELL49T

CAMPBELL49T New Member

I NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY. ON THE REVOLVER. W.GERMANY LA 6
    SHOOTER 357

2. Ursus

Ursus Active Member

Have you heard about Sig-Sauer? JP Sauer & Sohn (Check if it is an S) is the second (German) half. SIG is a Swiss company. The excellent SIG handguns couldn't be exported due to strict swiss laws, so they joined with the very respectable firm JP Sauer, so the now german produced/swiss designed handguns could be exported. Sauer is an excellent arms maker in its own right.

3. CAMPBELL49T

CAMPBELL49T New Member

MY WIFE IS BRING IT HOME. HER GRANDPA HAD IT YEARS AGO. DON'T KNOW WHAT SHAPE IT IS IN YET. WHEN SHE GETS HOME I'LL POST MORE
    ABOUT THE REVOLVER.
    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP..

MUZZLEMAN

4. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

When you say " six shooter" I'm assuming ( always a bad ideal) it is a single action, western type hand gun. Sauer and Sons was a very well known firm, they made these revolvers for export and sold by Hawes. They were imported during the cowboy craze in the 60's and 70's. Numrich Gun Parts still has grips and some parts for these guns