The Firearms Forum banner

Just another day at the range

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Rogervzv 
#1 ·
I had some free time today so I got to do some shooting. Picked up some Winchester white box .45 from Wally World and thought I would give it a try. I have been using the Remington but wwb was $8.00 cheaper for the same 100 count box. I only picked up 1 box because I wanted to make sure I had no problems but will be going back for a few more.

Here is the results...

See less See more
#3 ·
range time is peaceful....so much so in fact i don't hear the brass bouncin an the bullets zinging away--but no boomin.
Rooster im gussin 25 feet and paced fire a mags worth.
your a good relaxer:D

#5 ·
ty ev1
range time is peaceful....so much so in fact i don't hear the brass bouncin an the bullets zinging away--but no boomin.
Rooster im gussin 25 feet and paced fire a mags worth.
your a good relaxer:D
close...it was 2 magazines. I (for some strange reason) never fully load my magazines. The Ruger holds 8 but I always load with 6. So that was 2 mags and 12 shots :)

#13 ·
ty ev1
Not bad Rooster, see why you chose the handle that you did. Why only 6 rounds, hurt your poor little fingers?
lol, no I just never felt comfortable loading the magazines fully. For example, my PX4 SC holds 13 but I always load 10 only. This way, when I have a 100 rd box, I load the 5 mags I have with 50 and I know I still have 50 in the box.

Where'd those holes way over on the right come from?:D
Gotta start somewhere :D

White box aint too bad, if you dont mind dirty. That's about all I shoot other than my hollow points.
actually, I was surprised how much cleaner my pistol was after using wwb then the last time I used Remington.

#17 ·
Look's like you had fun,Rugers are nice guns.My brother has one similar in 9mm called a P-89.It's old but he bought it new.I saw your post and it made me think of myself because I went shooting yesterday for three hours striat with a friend.We had two tables full of guns;Ak's/Mini-14's/shot guns/9mm and countless 22 rifles and handguns.I used up most of my day off then came home and took a nap.What a boring life.That's why I'm up late on the form.Sucks now I have to go back to work today.

#18 ·
Very nice shooting!

I need to do some relaxin' myself. Just seems to be tough finding time to right now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.