The Firearms Forum banner

Just bought the ruger 57, got some questions.

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  soglostang04 
#1 ·
Just bought ruger 57 and was wondering if anyone knows if there is an aftermarket recoil assembly and guide rod that would work well with this gun? Also looking for a more low profile iron sight that someone could recommend me as the sight it comes with is a little bulky and jagged. Think it would snag on a fast draw. Other then these 2 things I absolutely love this gun, just want to touch it up a bit.

#3 ·
I did a Internet search for “Ruger 57 aftermarket parts”, and the only thing I could find was a couple of replacement flat machined aluminum triggers and magazines. You could try Wolf Springs to see if they can direct you to a recoil spring guide rod.

The Ruger 57 along with the FN Five-seveN mite be to much of a nitch firearm for after market up grade parts.

#4 ·
Lol yea the ammo is pretty pricey. I could only find it on *.com after looking a hundred other places.

I did a Internet search for "Ruger 57 aftermarket parts", and the only thing I could find was a couple of replacement flat machined aluminum triggers and magazines. You could try Wolf Springs to see if they can direct you to a recoil spring guide rod.

The Ruger 57 along with the FN Five-seveN mite be to much of a nitch firearm for after market up grade parts.
Yea I was starting to get that feeling. Iv been looking for a couple hours and coming up short. But thank you I will definitely look into wolf springs. Are all guide rods specific to a certain gun?

#11 ·
Good morning. I am new to the forum and stumbled upon this thread. I just got a Ruger 57 and noticed that the extracted casing rims get bent on one side pretty bad. Is this normal or should I be concerned? I am used to shooting 9mm and 45 so this is a new cartridge to me. If normal what is the explanation to why this occurs? I was shooting Federal 40 grain. Are the casings still reloadable? Unsure if I will get into reloading this round just yet but figured that I would at least save my brass for now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.