Just 'cuz I'm a dumb Texas hick, dont try to fool me on guns

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member Supporting Member

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 9:00:57 pm)
    Just 'cuz I'm a dumb Texas hick, dont try to fool me on guns
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Negotiated a reasonable trade offer on a new Cimarron Model P... getting a S&W New Departure .32 (Lemon Squeezer) and a minty 1950-mfg H&R Sportsman 199. The S&W is described to me as 75% nickel, barrel professionally cut to a little over 1", mechanically fine. The H&R is described as 98%, and an uncatalogued double-action only (??). Bought new by a family member in 1951, yada yada.

The guns get here. The S&W is an obvious amateur hacksaw job and a very poor renickel. Screw holes dished, sideplate polished separately from the frame. The H&R was made in 1955 per serial number, definitely the less-valuable 999 Sportsman. Plus, it is supposed to be a DA/SA but some imbecile has apparently attempted to do a trigger job and now the single-action pushes off from full cock. Dead giveaway is the drill-press jeweling on the sides of the hammer, which did not come from H&R.

Do I have doofus tattooed on me somewhere?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/5/02 11:14:47 pm)
    Reply Re: Just 'cuz I'm a dumb Texas hick, dont try to fool me on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hope they didn`t come from Californication. Sorry to hear that.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/6/02 6:18:01 am)
    Reply Re: Just 'cuz I'm a dumb Texas hick, dont try to fool me on
    Hmmmm... now what Doc?