The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
got it in kit form. not a complete gun. got the slide then the lower in kits. by the time i was done 600$. yea can get cheaper elsewhere but then takes forever. and i don't trust some of those so called gun shops. the ebay seller told me that the gun store was a scam and i was in contact with that guy. he told me he would send the finished gun clips and ammo. that is not legal. anyway now that i have a gun i will try the rockybrass or the f&f or jds. but they take time. and if some here tell me they are good stores. my local stores do not have anything and they want the same or more for one and they tell me i need a ccl to get one form them. i want it for home protection. thanks

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Here's an idea, let your wife decide what she wants. My wife decides what she wants. When we go to the gun store she walks right past the Glocks without a second glance. She has a S&W EZ 9 and a Ruger LC9S. She likes the Ruger best. She also has a couple of .38 revolvers and a Ruger MK III Target. She says now she wants a Taurus PT 92 AFS.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
the ebay seller told me that the gun store was a scam and i was in contact with that guy. he told me he would send the finished gun clips
Honestly, you need to quit calling anything to do with your Glock a "clip". I assume you are talking about a "magazine". A clip and a magazine are completely two different things.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
When I was growing up everybody called them clips. Then with the invention of internet and gun forums all of a sudden they were magazines and anybody that said any different was slandered. For years I had a tag line that said " yeah I called them clips, GET OVER IT!!!" I finally got tired of the slander and hateful PM's and started calling them mags online but when I'm not on a forum they're clips and always will be.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i looked up the word and it is used both ways. clips are actually the device that holds the rounds by there ejector rim and you place the clip in the rifle or the mag and slide the rounds down into the mag or rifle. and beside clip/s are easier to spell than magazine/magasine. and also what are we talking here with magazine the post, womens home, ladies home journal? or the thing that hold bullets?

by the way for those that have issues with calling them clips. you know these are not guns they are pistols, weapons, or pcs. so maybe we should have everyone say that correctly?

so because this is a firearm forum and we call a firearm part by a different name that is a slang term we know what they're saying. they call it a mag we are not talking about engine parts or wheels. thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
thanks now let's get back to the original topic. this forum stayed on topic way longer than the other fire arm forums did. i asked this question on the other sites and in 4 replies we were on training and ccl and don't get a 80% build as theya re junk etc. etc. etc. this one got to the second page. so this site is way better. but this happens. so now i just repost the original question when t gets to far off topic. and i did get some great answers. that s&w ez suggestion was great. and that one for the part to put on the back of the slide on my glock was also. so i just got one of them for the 17 and if the wife can rack it we are set, if not i have a email in at rockbrassguns. for the s&w ez slide pistol for her. thanks

i just got a glock 17 and have yet to shoot it as no clip or ammo. but the wife also wants a gun and she has a hard time cocking the 17. so i asked the rocky brass company if the 26 was a bit easier to cock and they said about the same. so i'm thinking a revolver may be better. but i want to find one that shoots the 9x19 ammo so i don't have to have different ammo around. one reason i'm leaning on a revolver is it should be easier to cock this or just pull the trigger if needed.

any comments on this is welcome. thanks bob

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun!
Nobody needs a 100 clip magazine!
Check out the Glock 43X. They come with a 10 mag. But Shield Arms makes a 15 round flush fit metal aftermarket. I picked up a used one with night sights for $400.00 a few months ago.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Ruger offers at least two good 9mm revolvers, the LCR and the SP101. For ease of carry the LCR is as good as any snub, light with a good trigger. The SP101 is a little more expensive, maybe $50, but unless small and light are the primary concerns the better gun IMHO. Stainless steel heavier and easier shooting. Kahr and Taurus offer 9mm revolvers in the $350 to $400 range. I have no experience with either of those two companies 9mm revolvers but something to consider if the $150 saved weighs heavy in the equation. Personally I’d get the LCR if concealed carry was the main function, actually I have one and it is a good little snub, or the SP101 for a more general use pistol. The SP101s are not huge by any stretch but they are heavier with the advantages and disadvantages that brings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yes sir and if you called it a gun you did pushups. anyway i will check out the 43x . i have to find a clip/mag. yet for the 17 i just got and ammo. have you seen the mag. that is round at the bottom? that may be the 100 round unit. all i need or want are maybe 100 rounds this gun is for home protection for that just in case. as the wife now is jumpy after all this b/s going on. we had riots in our town this summer and i was getting ready to cut my 20 ga. down for easier handling. but got the glock instead so i would not have to ruin a good shotgun. but think on the bright side hard to miss with buckshot. i never missed a deer. thanks. i have yet to get yea's or nay's on the f&f site or the rockbrass site or the jnj site. are those good online companies that if i sent them money i can expect to get the item? or can't this site do recommendations like that? or maybe no one has used them yet? thanks

·
Super Moderator
39,152 Posts
I have to ask, what is the f&f, rockbrass, and the jnj sites. I am afraid that I have never heard of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i have a complete pistol she has issues with her hands and arms now that shi si 65 years old. if you must know. i never said i did not have a gun. in fact the title says just got me a glock thanks

I have to ask, what is the f&f, rockbrass, and the jnj sites. I am afraid that I have never heard of them. thanks these are web sites. has anyone had any dealings with them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
39,152 Posts
Let me put it a different way, what does f&f stand for? What does jnj stand for? I am going to guess that rockbrass sell brass, but don't know for sure.

·
Super Moderator
26,291 Posts
You don't need a magazine to rack the slide.

Here's one way to try. If she's right handed, have her grip the pistol with her right hand and hold the slide with her left. Instead of pulling with the left, push with the right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
she tried. she can't grip the slide enough to rack it either way. she can't grip the slide to pull it either way. i got one of those adapters that bolt to the rear of the slide and then she can push against that to see if it is easier for her. some people with arthritis just can't grip enough to move the slides back. the guy i got this from recommended that adapter.

these are website. type in j&j or rockybrass or jnj in your browser and see the sites that come up.
rockbrass sells guns jnj sells guns j&j sells guns all online and i asked to see if anyone here has delt with them and if they send you what you order. if you type in thegunstore and go to that site it is a scam site. the guy i got my gun from said that online store showed up about 6 months ago and they only use money gram western union and bitcoins for payments. that sounds like scams to me. also that onlne store claims they will send you the completed gun and ammo and mags. and some guys i told said that is not legal to do.

so that is why i asked about these stores to make sure they are not scams as well.
so now do you understand those name? thanks
Let me put it a different way, what does f&f stand for? What does jnj stand for? I am going to guess that rockbrass sell brass, but don't know for sure.

·
No Power Options
13,132 Posts
You do not have to grip the slide to use the push-pull method. Simply allowing your weak hand to firmly rest on the slide, the grip hand pushes the pistol forward and just the friction/weight of hand will hold the slide while the other arm and hand push the entire pistol forward. Adding a device to the slide is a fools errand and dangerous.
You are not shooting a competition weapon. If she can do it with that device attached she can do the push-pull method better and safer. You do not have to squeeze the blood out of the slide. I can firmly lay my hand on the slide, not squeezing and push the pistol into battery with my strong hand and generally use this method over the "grasp" the slide.

If her hands and arms are that weak a double action revolver is not going to solve your problem as the average trigger pull begins around 12lbs, some as high as 18lbs.

Solution, you make pistol ready and place in safe place with a few extra magazines.
All she has to do is retrieve pistol.......pull trigger, if the pistol is shot dry-eject magazine-insert new one and hit the slide release-round is loaded for next shot string.

You do both need training since this seems to be a complicated situation for both of you. Good luck.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts