Just got my first 1911a1

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/29/02 8:57:45 pm)
    Reply I just got my first 1911a1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was at the club picking up a rifle that had been at the gunsmith's, and I casually asked what's in the blue box? He said Springfield Armory 45. Well I had been looking for one for a while, I was looking at colts and man are they expensive. I asked how much expecting 600 and up. Well it was alot less so I wrote a check. So I've got a Springfield Armory 1911A1. Is this a good shooting 45? I usually research a little better but the price said buy it before someone else does. I'd sure like some info on this gun. Can I get some pacmars for it and maybe some other things to dress it up? Thanks.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/29/02 11:32:32 pm)
    Re: I just got my first 1911a1
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dave,

If you paid a lot less than $600.00 then you did very well,
    you can do anything you can do with any other 1911 pistol.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/30/02 7:58:26 am)
    Reply Re: I just got my first 1911a1
    Sure you can "dress it up"......it's a good basic 1911. However, I'd suggest that you shoot it a bunch, just as it came......then decide what changes are right for YOU.

Pachmayrs are nice grips....I have them on all of my 11's. Not pretty, but the do the job.

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/30/02 3:23:34 pm)
    definately get the Pachmyrs in the finger groove wrap around. I have them om my V-16 45 super and I love them. They are not as spongy as the Hogues. Also get a couple 10 round or 8 round power mags from McCormick(sp) then shoot the hell out of it.

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/30/02 9:29:18 pm)
    Thanks Guy's, Big gun show this weekend Hopefully I can pick up some goodies.

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (6/1/02 5:41:22 am)
    The Springfield was a good choice. Well built, reliable, and the workmanship is very good. I would buy a couple of Wilson Combat mags and shoot a few hundred rounds of ammo before doing anything to this pistol.

Let us know how it shoots.

Loaded
    (6/1/02 2:55:22 pm)
    Listen to Shooter. Go with the Wilson mags and shoot the hell out of it. I love my Springfield V-12 and I just bought a mint Colt Commander series 70. 1911's all the way.
    Loaded