Just had to add another....

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by JUNKKING, Apr 6, 2009.

1. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

Ruger to the list. I went today to see what kind of .22 rimfire ammo. I could hoard, and I stopped in this little gun shop. I seen a used MarkII competition target in the case the price tag was buried. Me being a big fan of the Rugers I figured I would bite. I asked the guy what he wanted and he said 225.00 I asked if I could take it apart and he said yes as long as you can get it back together. He told me they had to send one back to Ruger one time and they told him they would not assemble another without a price. I took it apart and it was FILTHY I looked at all moving parts and the extractor and asked him would he take 200.00 for it. He acted like he was thinking and said 210.00 is the best I can go. I played and said well ok I will take it. My bride wasn't too happy but I sure am. This is my 3rd one the others are a MKII target officers model and a MKIII competition target with the thumb rest and cocobolo grips. It is a Competition target 6 7/8 barrel slab side stainless. Gonna post pics hope they work they are from my cell phone. I think I did really good. JUNK

Attached Files:

2. Dirtypacman

Dirtypacman New Member

Very nice - I need to add one as a first to my collection.

3. artabr

artabr New Member

I have the same model. It should have had s/s rings and checkered thumbrest grips. Still thats a good price.

Art

4. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Very nice Ruger, you won't be sorry, and yes you did real good. Bought my competition target, MK II with the thumbrest grips 350 Out the door. You have plenty of room to add grips later if you desire.

5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Hell I payed almost 600 for the one in my signature. If your bride gives you too much flack I will take it off your hands, I want another tree rat killer real bad. One for each hand LOL

6. JUNKKING

JUNKKING Well-Known Member

Big ugly I have the same gun as you in your signature MKIII with thumb rest that was 367.00 new. Artabar I think the grips on this are from a standard that someone swapped out. They are checkered but no thumbrest. my other MKII has the thumbrest. What are the ss rings you mentoned?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009