The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went out with my Savage 110ba 338 lapua and took it out to 1 mile for the first time. Took a few sighters but got my first hit on my 4th or 5th shot, I wasn't sure because I didn't hear the ding, but I didn't see any missed bullet splash. so I continued on and got a almost dead center hit on my 9th round. I could clearly hear the ding even with my ear pro on. I'm pretty stoked, most people take about 10 to 15 rounds to hit the 1 mile mark for their first time (based on threads I've read), so I'm quite happy with my results. I didn't even realize I hit the target twice until I brought the target back home and took a closer look. Sorry no video, but I'll be sure to make a 1 mile video as soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Congratulations, that's some fine shooting.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Congrats indeed, that's quite a feat.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Great shooting, I love to see people stretching their efforts to the maximum.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Awesome. I would love to do some long range shooting. I'm not the steadiest since I shake, but would love to see what I could do with a good rifle.

What size is your target?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
That is some GREAT shooting...I'm jelious!;)

Thamks for posting this...gives me encouragement as I'm wanting a "good" rifle that I can try that one day.

Awesome shooting!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Very nicely done! Congratulations! Guys like you make Obozo shake in his shoes! :)

·
TFFWPP President
13,899 Posts
that is pretty darn cool, 4 or 5 to get on steel?!

I'd love to try that sometime. I may need 2 or 3 boxes of ammo though <sigh>

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great shootin! I'd love to see the video of your next time out. I'd like to try that also someday.

·
TFFWPP President
13,899 Posts
a guy I know of (friend of a friend) just bought a Savage 110BA 338 lapua and slapped on some nightforce. more money in his gun than my wife's Tahoe is worth. he said brass is $1.75 each

·
Registered
846 Posts
Great shot and that round had plenty of energy left to penetrate the plate and show that concentric splash pattern.:eek::D:D:D:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Some great marksmanship... I'd love to try that myself someday.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
That puts a whole new meaning on "reach out and touch someone."

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
110 BA in .338LM is about a 2200 dollar rig, plus glass and mounts. And ammo is 3 bucks a round just about.

Cold bore is the first round fired after the bore has been cleaned and put away. A prepared marksman has data on every aspect of his rig. And coldbore data is something that should always be recorded at every range visit.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats! How much is a set up like that if u don't mind me asking and what scope you got on there? What's cold bore mean?
Thanks! I picked up the rifle for just under $1900 last year, now they seem to be around $2200 online. The scope is a Nightforce 5.5-22x56mm Mil/Mil with high speed turrets and zero stop. Got that at a deal for just over $1900. Then you have to factor in the mono pod, bipod, 30 moa scope base, and scope rings. So in total the rig by it's self came to around $5300. You could settle for a cheaper scope to knock the cost down but I wanted some nice glass for this 338 rifle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts