The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Reblued, stock cut down, totally no value as a collector piece. I agree max value as a shooter is no more than $200, probably closer to $150.

43o73

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
The guys are right on the value. About $150 is in the ballpark. This one would lend itself well to being put back together if the barrel hasn't been cut (I can't tell from these photos). Like I told another fellow, you couldn't make it into a faked original. but it would sure look nice on the wall or at the shooting range. If you built model cars or planes as a kid, this would be a fun big-boy or big-girl winter project. The required parts are available all over the place.

Welcome to the forum! Drop a post if you decide to do anything with that rifle.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
IMHO, someone has been playing games. K.98k rifles were not marked "K 98" they were marked "Mod. 98" and they had no recessed ring at the front of the receiver. I don't know the origin of that one, but in any case, it is nothing more than a hunting rifle now.

Jim

·
Premium Member
13,258 Posts
Whatever it is, it's a small ringed receiver, not one of the large ring '98s we're used to seeing. Wasn't there a WW1 Kar98A built on the small ring receiver?

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Yes, but they were marked "Kar. 98" or "Karib. 98". There seems to be a disconnect on the left side where it looks like the original marking was removed.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'd agree with the others, ruined, like so many other k98s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts