Ka-BOOOM!

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by Guest, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 11:40:05 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Ka-BOOOM!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently up for bid on AA.... $50.00

Packet
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/19/03 7:16:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ka-BOOOM!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, whats the story on that one? I hope nobody got hurt.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 9:00:12 pm)
    Looks like a 3 shooter to me!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/19/03 9:52:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Ka-BOOOM!
    No story offered, just for sale as a parts gun for $50. With the cylinder, frame and possibly the barrel blown to Oklahoma I just cant see it...

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 3:11:17 am)
    Man, you really got to work at it to accomplish that. Look at that bulge in the topstrap.

Only horror tale I ever heard re such a failure in a .44 superblackhawk was a Tale of Woe of a reloader who'd loaded some rounds at his friend's house, using the friend's equipment, and the balance-scales major divisions were reported to be at 10gr and not 5gr., so he effectively doubled the charge by not paying careful attention, and simply counting marks.

Doesn't make sense to me, though, didn't think you could fit 40gr of anything into a 44mag case. ??

Rich

Smoky14
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/20/03 9:46:37 am)
    It might be worth the guy's time to send it to Ruger. I stopped a GP100 and they fixed it, "no charge".

I told the truth and they bought the bullet.

Smoky the Ruger man

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/20/03 11:27:57 am)
    It would make an interesting wallhanger......think of the story you could invent to go with it!

seven 62
    (1/27/03 10:47:28 pm)

You suppose they loaded that gun to light and the powder just detonated? A guy did that here last year with a .45 Colt load.
    I hope no one was very close to that! Talk about ring your ears!

Shoot well