The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a cover for barrel and action when this firearm is "broke" down into carry mode? My intention is to carry in my backpack. I'm concern about dirt and debris fouling the action or barrel.
Thanx
Ed.

·
Super Moderator
44,807 Posts
Saran wrap and rubber bands come to mind. I had a 9mm Sub 2000 and I just never found anything that was made for that purpose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are all good suggestions: plastic wrap, gun sock, carrying case. I was hoping for some type of rubber fitting that could easily be attached and removed. I wonder if one could be made.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
44,807 Posts
Not the same but I asked my wife make a cover for my Dillon 550 a few years ago and she took a britches leg off of an old pair of exercise pants and sewed them up and made a really neat cover. Possibly you can have something similar done.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I keep my Kel-Tec Sub2K (in .40cal) in a small padded satchel type pistol carrier that zips shut. (Looks like a document case.) My range bag came with 4 of them. That and my Glock 22 (also in .40cal & shares mags) both live in a small Ballistics cloth MEI (Mountain Equipment Inc.) Backpack (roughly 1800cu in) with a few/4 SMG 31 round mags.

My "Get Home," bag to supplement my EDC.

Reactions: NeoBlackdog

·
Super Moderator
12,903 Posts
Please tell me they come with descriptive shipping packaging! :LOL:
Those are all good suggestions: plastic wrap, gun sock, carrying case. I was hoping for some type of rubber fitting that could easily be attached and removed. I wonder if one could be made.

Ed
Here they are

• Condom Style Rubber Cap has Great Flexibility to Support All Muzzle Size
  • Keep Dirt out of Your Rifle Barrel
  • Securely Cover the Muzzle without Worrying Getting Off
  • Shoot through it!
  • Pack of 20

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Here they are

• Condom Style Rubber Cap has Great Flexibility to Support All Muzzle Size
  • Keep Dirt out of Your Rifle Barrel
  • Securely Cover the Muzzle without Worrying Getting Off
  • Shoot through it!
  • Pack of 20
I was under the impression that his concern wasn't necessarily on the muzzle end, but the open action end where the rifle folds. Do they make Magnum size condoms? Maybe I'm wrong?

·
Registered
6,648 Posts
Yep, he said action or barrel, of course they make magnum sized, I seen em at the C-Store. o_O
Boy! how do you explain that to your wife. :whistle:
"Those can't be for the same gun you taught me to shoot. Did you get a new one?" 🤭

They always find out. 🤣

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure if the barrel condoms would work - don't think they'll stretch over both the barrel and action. I've used regular balloons in past years while carrying rifle and, while i have not used the barrel condoms, I suspect a balloon works just as well - by hey, good idea tho.

I think what I may do is mix up a batter of silicone rubber and "dip" the end in a solution until it solidifies. with that, in theory, i'll have a custom cap that i can apply and remove easily.

thanx for all the ideas.

Ed..

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is the dust cover that snaps into the action and covers the barrel when folded. It comes from KelTec and pops off when you start to fold the barrel back over into the firing position. Costs about $10.00.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts