Kimber 45 Sights Adjustment

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 9, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

olgranddad
    (3/1/03 7:50:31 pm)
    Reply Kimber 45 Sights Adjustment
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Kimber Gold Match Stainless Steel.45ACP. I took it to the range and was consistently shooting low and to the left. I adjusted the verticle sight and now shoot on target but to the left. I tried to figure out how to adjust the horizontal sight and just couldn't figure it out. The manual that came with the pistol doesn't talk about it either. Are the tolerances on the Kimber supposed to be so tight that they shouldn't need any horizontal adjustment? Or can somebody tell me how to do it? Or even point me to a web page. I checked at Kimberamerica.com, but none of their pages pull up.

Thanks in advance

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/1/03 7:55:34 pm)
    Reply Re: Kimber 45 Sights Adjustment
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome to you olgranddad!!!...ZigZag and shooter45us are the 1911 shooter's that have that kind of expertise. I'm sure they'll be along shortly...Join the other Topic/Forums and share your experience...

2. Gunfyter

Gunfyter New Member

Rear sight adjustment

Move the rear sight in the direction that you want the bullet to move. :D <>-<

3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporting Member

Yep.

And welcome to TFF.

4. harrybullitt

harrybullitt Guest

You might try to use a little less finger on the trigger. I have to due this when I shoot my friend's Mini Firestorm 9mm. However, I do not have this problem with my Kimber or SAA.

Harry