Kimber; old vs. new

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by ysacres, Mar 9, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

scarface
    (3/2/03 6:49:58 pm)
    Reply Kimber;old vs. new
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm looking to buy a kimber and yall seem to prefer the 1st gen. vs. the implied 2nd gen. Is this oregon vs. yonkers or is there a ser.# that differentiates the two. Secondly, is there really a difference in quality?Thanks in advance,Scarface

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (3/2/03 9:09:39 pm)
    Re: Kimber;old vs. new
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scarface,
    Oregon vs. Yonkers is the old vs. new. Both are good products, in my opinion. Most (of the folks with whom I have discussed this particular topic) feel that the consistency of quality was better in the Oregon days. The Yonker's generation also have some parts that are viewed as inferior by some folks. But as I said, both are good quality.

Although admittedly, both of my Kimbers are Clackamas...

(hope this meets the rayra standard of information dissemination)
    Boom-a-tic
    Everyone's Doing It!!!

Edited by: boomatic at: 3/2/03 9:11:06 pm

gregszx2
    (3/2/03 11:27:40 pm)
    Reply Re: Kimber;old vs. new
    Some might be refering to series I and series II safeties. Series II came out in 2001, and have gotten mixed reviews about reliability. That may be what they refer to.
    When this baby hits 88 MPH, your gonna see some serious $&%*