The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
4,216 Posts
I would get the Springfield, personally.

· Registered
4,216 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Kimbers, but I've owned a Springfield and a Rock Island Armory and never had a Kimber. Springfield has really good customer service as well. I guess the only issue is that if you want one of the 3" 1911s, Springfield doesn't offer it in .45ACP. I'm pretty sure their EMP is only a 9mm or .40. Kimber, I am pretty sure, still makes a 3" .45.

Mine have all been 5" models too, so perhaps somebody who owns the 3" ones can chime in.

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
I have owned an EMP .40 and it was a good gun, but I sold it for something else. I prefer the .45 platform myself. But, if you do decide to go with the 40, I have like 25 boxes of ammo I will make you a deal on.......

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Kimbers, but I've owned a Springfield and a Rock Island Armory and never had a Kimber. Springfield has really good customer service as well. I guess the only issue is that if you want one of the 3" 1911s, Springfield doesn't offer it in .45ACP. I'm pretty sure their EMP is only a 9mm or .40. Kimber, I am pretty sure, still makes a 3" .45.

Mine have all been 5" models too, so perhaps somebody who owns the 3" ones can chime in.
Springfield does offer a 3".45 1911 but it is not called the EMP. This is called the Ultra Compact 45. It looks alot like the EMP, but its not. The EMP is only offered in 9mm & 40 and is a mini version of a 1911.

Attachments

· Registered
4,216 Posts
Springfield does offer a 3".45 1911 but it is not called the EMP. This is called the Ultra Compact 45. It looks alot like the EMP, but its not. The EMP is only offered in 9mm & 40 and is a mini version of a 1911.
My bad. Thought they discontinued the 3" .45 models. I stand corrected.

· Registered
3,727 Posts
I just find the internals and the machining on the springfield to be a little rough. Might as well go with the Taurus as gdmoody said, the frames and slides are made in the same factory except the EMP and the loaded models.

· Premium Member
12,962 Posts
Like I said, I have a bunch of .40 ammo....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.