The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my 1911 classic custom back from Kimber. I called them about a month ago and told them about the constant jamming problems I was having with my pistol; failure to eject, failure to feed, different mags = different jams, slide binding on the frame, not reliable. They reworked the extractor, replaced the recoil spring, replaced the safety, mags now fit tighter; not loose like before, and replaced the night sights with a upgrade. I shot the pistol yesterday and it performed great. 12 mags and no problems. Best of all the accuracy improved even more than when it was new. I give Kimber Service an A+.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
My experience with them was stellar as well. The extractor fell out and was lost. I called them and they simply asked for my serial number and address once I told them what happened.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I had just brought home my new Kimber SOLO that I had waited a month for. I cleaned and lubed it and then went to the range. On the third shot, it jammed and the top half jumped the rail. It bent a few pieces.

I took it to my FFL who immediately sent it to KImber service. I had a new one in less than a week.

That's my only experience with Kimber service as my other Kimbers have never had a problem.

I thought that it represented great customer service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts