The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow members. I am looking for opinions of Kimber Super Match II owners as far as their ownership experience and value of that gun. Very much appreciate any input! :)

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
While I don't own any kimbers I do know a gunsmith that specializes in 1911's. He's said he's never seen a kimber that don't need some sort of work right out of the box. Maybe that's him being picky, who knows. I have a friend that has one and he's never had an issue with it.

Reactions: drboris

·
Premium Member
19,342 Posts
The only one I know who owned one was me nephew. It would not feed hollow point ammo. It worked fine with ball ammo. It was a beautiful gun but he sold it. Didn't want to deal with or to send it back to Kimber.

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,302 Posts
I own one Kimber, and would not hesitate to buy another. I have heard horror stories, and have found through my own experience that they were groundless... My feeds all I have fed through it, including my reloads.

Reactions: BobMcG and jedwil

·
Administrator
25,060 Posts
I have and have owned several Kimbers thru the years and never had a problem with any of them. I've read on the www of people having
trouble. Most could have been corrected easily and some were the fault of the shooter. I've heard of parts breakage but never experienced any of it. I have a Kimber Custom Target with thousands
of rounds downrange with never a problem and it still will hold a 1" group at 25 yds if I do my part.
As far as 1911's needing work right out of the box ? I usually do but not because they need it. Simply because I want to and have the know-how.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Personally I believe that they are held to a higher standard, rightly so given the price. Its not so much they have more issues, it's that people get more worked up "I just paid 3 times for this over X. X has never failed!!!! OVERPRICED JUNK!!!"
Never owned one but they look sweet and seem a quality item. Whether they are worth it......many seem to think so. I am more of a beer fella than expensive wine, good beer but beer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I own one Kimber, and would not hesitate to buy another. I have heard horror stories, and have found through my own experience that they were groundless... My feeds all I have fed through it, including my reloads.
Thank you so much!!! How long have you had it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much!

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,302 Posts
Reactions: drboris

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a Kimber Pro Carry II that is a beautifully made and shooting pistol, my Micro .380 is a neat little copy of the Star DK and is just the right size when super concealment is desired. The Kimbers I own have had zero problems.
PS: Only you can make the final decision so inspect, compare and buy your choice.

·
Administrator
25,060 Posts
I also just made a trade for a two tone Kimber Pro Carry II in 9mm.
If there had been a problem, I wouldn't have made the trade.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
I've owned one for a year now and have had zero problems with it at all. It doesn't matter what brand of ammo or style of bullet either, and I've tried plenty. Love it and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. A good friend who's owned his for over a year, feels the same way about his pistol and Kimber products.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
I have a Pro Carry II HD (steel frame) and a Pro Target. Both have been flawless, although both did require a good break in period. I have had zero function problems with either, but both had rough feeling triggers and slide releases when they were new. By the time they had about 350 rounds through them they had both smoothed out and they now have very acceptable triggers.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Kimber handgun.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have three kimbers and love each one. I have a custom II, desert warrior, and a super carry ultra hd. All three function perfectly with McCormick magazines. I read kimber magazines are not very good before buying one and I can tell you they are not reliable in self defense. They tend to feed inconsistently and cause the extractor\ejector to do some funny stuff, like throw brass at my forehead. If you get aftermarket mags you shouldn’t experience any problems. Also the McCormick mags hold 8. I was told it takes around 500 rounds to break them in. Each of mine have run accurately and reliably brand new out of the box.

·
Garandaholic
9,413 Posts
Do not own one, but fire one pretty regularly.
Buddy's dad bought one new. Not sure of exactly what model Kimber calls it, but it's pretty much a full size 1911.
Very good looking, fit and finish is really nice. It shot great out of the box and still does (6-7 years?).
The only issue? Early on it took 2 men and a boy to release the slide. Perhaps after the second season with it, it was smooth as could be.
I'd be proud to own it.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
It's always been my experience that everything is worth buying. It's the asking price that is negotiable...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts