The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO GUYS MY NAME IS RONY IM FROM LEBANON.. I HAVE MY SBS SHOTGUN AND NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT AND ABOUT ITS VALUE
Wood Bicycle part Metal Fashion accessory Nickel
Automotive tire Wood Tire Artifact Rim
Wood Art Door Artifact Metal
Wood Art Bicycle part Metal Circle
Publication Wood Book Cylinder Book cover

Brown Wood Rectangle Font Tints and shades

Hand Guitar accessory Finger Flip-flops Font

Wood Tints and shades Rim Carbon Automotive tire

Brown Wood Triangle Natural material Tints and shades

·
Premium Member
15,985 Posts
Wow...nice photography. I'm green with envy!!!

Very nice Italian, side lock double gun as well.

All I can tell you is the barrels were made from Krupp steel from the town of Essen in Germany. You should be able to find an explanation of Italian proof marks on line. They would tell you quite a bit about the gun.

Reactions: rony

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
WOW!!! someone read the requirements for this post and did sent pictures. is this a first for the year? we need to encourage this kind of behavior.
a big welcome RONY don't be a stranger. beautiful gun, talk to us about anything gun related. we like that.

rick

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Welcome roni, what artistry. I can almost smell the burnt powder looking into the barrels. What kind of camera and lighting did you use. Sorry I can't be of much help but I'm sure others might have more to share with you.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Welcome Rony and you have beautiful shotgun. As others stated excellent job photographing. The gun has been well kept and cared for, interested in seeing the value as well. Also curious as to Lebanons laws on owning weapons and hunting. I’ve been to Beruit a few times in the early 80’s but didn’t get to visit much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
All I can tell you is it was made in 1959.
Thank you dear for the info :D

Welcome Rony and you have beautiful shotgun. As others stated excellent job photographing. The gun has been well kept and cared for, interested in seeing the value as well. Also curious as to Lebanons laws on owning weapons and hunting. I’ve been to Beruit a few times in the early 80’s but didn’t get to visit much.
Wow...nice photography. I'm green with envy!!!

Very nice Italian, side lock double gun as well.

All I can tell you is the barrels were made from Krupp steel from the town of Essen in Germany. You should be able to find an explanation of Italian proof marks on line. They would tell you quite a bit about the gun.
Thank you dear for the info and advice I will keep searching to find more details about it.. 😘

Thanks man I'm using my Samsung phone it has a good camera resolution 😚 and they say focus on what's important and you will capture it perfectly 🧐

WOW!!! someone read the requirements for this post and did sent pictures. is this a first for the year? we need to encourage this kind of behavior.
a big welcome RONY don't be a stranger. beautiful gun, talk to us about anything gun related. we like that.

rick
Thanks Rick much appreciated :love:

Welcome roni, what artistry. I can almost smell the burnt powder looking into the barrels. What kind of camera and lighting did you use. Sorry I can't be of much help but I'm sure others might have more to share with you.
Thanks man I'm using my Samsung phone it has a good camera resolution 😚 and they say focus on what's important and you will capture it perfectly 🧐

Welcome Rony and you have beautiful shotgun. As others stated excellent job photographing. The gun has been well kept and cared for, interested in seeing the value as well. Also curious as to Lebanon's laws on owning weapons and hunting. I’ve been to Beirut a few times in the early 80’s but didn’t get to visit much.
hello Dear, it's been kept properly for several years... as for owning weapons you are allowed to own guns in Lebanon after getting a license from the Ministry of Defense it's not difficult but nowadays it's hard to get a license for hunting.. your are welcome in Beirut anytime dear :)

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
hello Dear, it's been kept properly for several years... as for owning weapons you are allowed to own guns in Lebanon after getting a license from the Ministry of Defense it's not difficult but nowadays it's hard to get a license for hunting.. your are welcome in Beirut anytime dear :)
Why is it hard to get a hunting license?
are all the animals dead or are there a bunch of PETA people there?

·
Premium Member
15,985 Posts
I would suspect it's because Lebanon isn't very big and there probably isn't a lot of game.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why is it hard to get a hunting license?
are all the animals dead or are there a bunch of PETA people there?
Some poachers in Lebanon are ruining the nature and the image of hunters by practicing excessive hunting of illegal birds like hawks, eagles, owls, storks, pelicans, goldfinches, bulbuls, etc… Abolishing hunting does not solve the problem; rather, a change of mentality is required.
The way people hunt in this country is very very wrong they're ignorant they just wanna shoot something whatever moves or breathes in front of them they shoot it and it’s all just for fun. They shoot birds that cannot be eaten as is said before and just leave them there.
However, some benevolent and professional groups and individuals are trying to raise awareness and pushing forward to regulate it legally through guidelines and laws for hunting..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would suspect it's because Lebanon isn't very big and there probably isn't a lot of game.
Hunters in civil countries generally have a respect for nature and only hunt appropriate species and during appropriate times and designated areas. Until Lebanese hunters learn to have the same respect and are able to abide within the rules of Hunting.. Hunting will remain a free for all.

·
Premium Member
15,985 Posts
Thanks rony, for that sad commentary. I had no idea, learn something new every day. Hopefully it will change in the near future.

Reactions: rony and Firedog
1 - 12 of 12 Posts