The Firearms Forum banner

Krupp Stahl German Drilling

11K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gal without a Clue 
#1 ·
I am interested in selling a Drilling that I inherited from my husband but do not know where to turn. My husband's uncle brought two of these guns back from France during WWII. My husband inherited this gun and I inherited it from my husband when he died.

My husband described it as follows: Merkel German Drilling Has two 16 gauge shotgun barrels and one rifle barrel. Shot indicators flip up. Front peep sight. Monte Carlo Stock; Ammo container inside stock; Engraved with game scene on receiver and trigger guard.
Both shotgun barrels are inscribed: KRUPP STAHL
Under the trigger it says: BELGIEN 106297
On one side of the trigger guard it says: DEUTSULAND 72583 G.M. 16078 (not really sure if it is an 0)
Other side says XXVIII 2765
At top of trigger guard it says TENTIII

I will try to attach some pics. Can anyone tell me what it might be worth and where I could sell it? I think I have some better pics.
Rectangle Wood Beige

View attachment gun11.bmp

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I believe the only way to achieve even close to the true value is through an auction. Prewar engraved Merkel drilling's can run into numbers past three and four zeros. You need an expert appraisal, Others may have better suggestions but you can try www.bluebookinc.com or even E-mail them at guns@bluebook.com and put " firearm inquiry " in the subject block. Best I can do. PS. Krupp Stahl translated is just Krupp's Steel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.