The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious, does anyone else besides me use the Wilson trimmer? I have brrn very happy with mine over the years. It does require a specific shellholder for each of the separate calibers being trimmed which if someone loads 20 or so different calibers it could get more costly. I only load 4 different cartridges so I only need 4 shellholders but they even had one for my 6.5 Rem Mag.I don't recall seeing any posts involving this trimmer it's usually another brand being discussed. Like I say I'm just curious that maybe it's not popular and I wondered why. Thanks Joe

· Registered
703 Posts
This is the very reason I like my Forster trimmer. Collet at the head end will take about any case. You do need the right caliber collet for the case mouth. but they are not expensive. Love my Forster.

· Registered
122 Posts
Like most reloading tools there are as many opinions as there are tools to do a specific job and reloaders who use them. I'm not a regular poster (mostly a lurker) here but I saw this question posted a few days ago and I'm surprised there has been only one response.

The LE Wilson case trimmer is a beautifully engineered, extremely accurate lathe. Wilson Sinclair has added several very nice enhancements.

I have Lee trimmers and they do a fine job. I have had a Lymans and it did the job. The Wilson Sinclair trimmer is a precise tool I am proud to use and have on my bench. The price of the case holders is well worth the the perfect alignment and precision cuts/trims.

· Registered
110 Posts
I started looking for a trimmer just over a year ago. After looking at them all I decided on the Wilson trimmer with the micrometer, once I set it up, it has worked flawlessy. I only trim for 4 rifle cases at the moment. To me it was well worth the price, I have several buddies that have other brand trimmers and swear by them. This is the only one I have ever used so I can not compare it to other brands.
Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.