Language Difficulties

Discussion in 'Vietnam Memories Forum' started by Guest, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

dreamcatcher27371
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/25/01 9:30:49 pm)
    | Del All Language Difficulties
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NHA TRANG, VIETNAM

I was going from somewhere to somewhere else in Vietnam and had to lay over for a day and a night in Nha Trang. I was billeted in some Army hootch with several
    Army guys. There was a relatively aged Vietnamese woman who was the “hootch maid.”
    I went over to where she was folding clothes and asked her in Vietnamese if she would shine my boots. My use of her language didn’t faze her. She replied in the affirmative, took the hundred piastre that I offered, stopped folding clothes and started shining my boots.
    One of the young Army transient dudes came over and asked me if I would teach him how to ask her for a shine job. He said he knew a little of the language and was trying to learn more. I sat at the table with him for five or ten minutes while he tried to memorize the words. When he felt comfortable with the sentence, he walked over to the old lady and said: “Xin ba bu cac cho Toi.”
    God Almighty!! You would have thought Charlie was coming over the wire. The old lady started yelling her head off at the young guy. “You numbah ten army GI, Mamasan no do ting like dat. Mamasan cat cai dao… army GI numbah ten thousand.” She then chased him out the door waving one of my boots over her head.
    The soldier stayed clear of the hootch till Mamasan left for siesta. He came to me later and asked what he did wrong. I told him that it sounded right to me but I guess Mamasan wasn’t that type of girl.
    “What the hell,” he said. “All I wanted was a shine job.” Suppressing a horse laugh, I said “Oh shit. I thought you said blow job.”
    That was the one and only time I used my knowledge of the language to pull such a despicable trick.
    But it sure was funny at the time.

nighthawk
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/25/01 9:34:58 pm)
    | Del Re: Language Difficulties
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'Catch,,you are one stone cold sumbitch,,,and I loved it!!!

homer4
    (7/27/01 10:59:42 am)
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Ahhh!, that was great! and Hawk is right!...your one cold...

Hehe!, and here you go on your merry way and the poor slob has to stick it out with Ba...Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ah! Me!
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/27/01 3:11:15 pm)
    | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Language Difficulties
    LOL!

Exellent!

JD
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

TShooters
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/29/01 9:22:57 am)
    Funnnny, Larry D.

Sharon

hope6970
    (7/29/01 8:43:32 pm)
    dreamcatcher, you are still living to relate that story to us???? lol

Your friend must have been very forgiving....lol

hansenjim
    (7/30/01 2:15:28 am)
    I read the story thinking Hope posted it as hers was the last post.

You think you got a laugh? :)

hope6970
    (7/30/01 11:05:20 pm)
    Sorry Jim, not me this time.... lol Good to see you posting. - Hope

homer4
    (7/31/01 10:38:54 am)
    Ditto what Hope says to you as well Jim! Good to see ya postin.
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.