Las Vegas, Trump, and the 2nd.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by AaronW, Oct 3, 2017.

1. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Nope! If you recall another demonrat by the name of Slick Willy shut them all down.

carver, dbcooper and joe45c like this.
  2. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I was thinking of this device from WW1.We've had the technology to convert a bolt 1903 to auto fire for 100yrs. Not 30-06 anymore but still full auto. Just my $.02.

carver, joe45c and soundguy like this.

3. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Exactly.

I forget the exact cartridge, but it was something like 7.62x20. Or similar.. I can't remember.

carver, dbcooper and accident like this.
  4. RatFink

RatFink Member

Yup. I'm done with NRA. I called them Monday and got a line of nonsense from them. And today, I got some propaganda in the mail. I will reply but they won't like the mail they get back from me.

The NRA has supported the likes of John McCain and many others for way too long. What little good they do is offset by the idiots they support.

And yes, the NRA has long forgotten about the entire west coast.

5. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

John Browning came up with a simple device to convert a lever action rifle to full auto, as well.

6. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NRA ain't perfect, no organization is. I am sending a contribution to them today to help them keep up the fight.

7. Old Ron

Old Ron Well-Known Member

I am a life NRA member since the 50s .
    They have been trying to keep our rights as long as I can recall but the job of bribing politicians to do what is right is like trying to heard cats ! If it wasn't for the NRA we probably wouldn't have a gun by now. I don't get to upset because they have a huge job . The ban & no ban will always go on. The local governments are a far greater threat than the federal government for our gun rights. Few good people get into politics. The working people can't kiss that much butt or tell that many lies. All we can do is vote the bad one out & hope we voted in a good one. ( keep a good hiding place for our guns & ammo ! )
    :)

8. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I got mad at the NRA decades ago, and quit the group.

The ensuing years have taught me that NOTHING in this world is perfect; we have to judge things on how MUCH good they do, not on if they are 100% correct.
    I rejoined, went Life, went Endowment, and now a Patron. Also have gifted Life memberships to son, son-in-law and four grandsons.
    Perfect? Of course not.
    But tilting WAY toward the RIGHT side of the battle -

9. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

Never heard of it.

10. AaronW

AaronW Well-Known Member

11. soundguy

Designed for the 03 rifle, but the concept has been used in quite a few places as sub Caliber / chamber/ bolt replacement inserts to shoot 22 in lugers, as well as in ar-15's.

As simple blowback design, it would take very little to make them run full auto.

carver likes this.
  12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

If you could find a Peterson device, you would have found the Holy Grail of gun accessories! If I remember right, every one of them were destroyed except for one or two which are in museums!

carver, accident and soundguy like this.
  13. soundguy

I've heard from un official sources,that the number surviving could be nearly 100. Apparently not all made it to the bonfire.

In any case, as a bolt replacement for a chamber adapter or a sub caliber device, many similar devices exist now, and the tech has been around 100ys to do so. Not common, but at least possible anyway.

carver likes this.
  14. armoredman

armoredman Well-Known Member

I watched Ian on Forgotten Weapons shooting an Enfield converted to semi back in the day. Once you've gotten to that point, the next step isn't that hard, even though I'd bet it would rapidly destroy itself.

carver, joe45c and soundguy like this.
  15. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

Yup....and one of Bill Rugers early projects as a young man was to convert a lever action to a semi auto. The slippery slope is there and the grade, subtle at first, starts a long way from the edge.
    Here we are distracted and arguing amongst ourselves. Some dumping the strongest stumbling block that keeps them from accomplishing the total evisceration of the 2nd Amendment. Confused, arguing and divided rather than working together..gee what could go wrong:mad::(:oops:

Twicepop and carver like this.