Laser rangefinder

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

ldsteff
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/16/02 9:55:09 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Laser rangefinder
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I got a Bushnell 600 rangefinder and I want to move up,I tried a Bushnell 1000 and another brand in the past week and I have a problem painting a target at over 500 yards,,you can't support the unit enough to stop the shaking so you can pinpoint your target..Does anyone know of a laser rangefinder that has a screw in tripod adapter in it?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 1:29:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Laser rangefinder
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hang in there idsteff, we'll see what we can find out for you

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/16/02 1:32:23 pm)
    idsteff, have you tried a google search?
    try this www.google.com/search?q=laser+range+finder+with+tripod&btnG=Google+Search

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/16/02 2:45:40 pm)
    I carry a shooting stick with me for my pistol while deer hunting, and hold my Nikon 800 on it and it seems to do what I need.

1chessman
    (1/3/03 6:02:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Laser rangefinder
    My Leica 1200 is threaded for a tripod. This little unit is fanstastic. It is very water resistant (almost water proof), returns readings out to 1200 yds. very consistantly, and best of all, it has an LED display, so I can use it in zero light conditions and still read the yardage. I've seen them priced as low as $400, but you can buy them for $469 from just about anybody.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 7:38:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hey!
    Welcome to you 1chessman...! I'll look around for you too!

1chessman
    (1/4/03 10:49:57 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thank you
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm happy I found this board. From what I can tell, this site attracts serious shooters. That is a welcome change from some of the places I have visited.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/4/03 6:36:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thank you
    Hi 1chessman.....welcome to TFF.

Yup.....we're serious....but that doesn't necessarily mean we're sane.

1chessman
    (1/4/03 11:16:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks
    Sane is a subjective analysis. I've been accused of being mostly nuts all my life. I kinda like it!

To introduce myself, I guess you could say I like all types of firearms and competition. And not that I expect every gun owner to get into his or her sport to the level that I do, but I sure am tired of talking to people who own a safe full of guns that nobody ever remembers ever seeing them shoot! I work with several that talk a great shoot, but have never been seen on the range. Nuff said.

To prove I'm not exactly right myself, I offer you all this tidbit: I still prefer to build long range rifles on FN Mauser actions. Yeah, I know, there are easier actions to work with in today's market, but I still like the old FN's.