The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out tomorrow on our last fishing/camping combo trip of the year. This will be strictly a bass fishing trip with maybe a Pike or 2 thrown in. It's going to be frosty. Saranac Lake has had a bunch of nights this week down into the mid 20s for temps. I won't mind, but the wife frosts up when the temps are in the 70s! Hopefully with the lower water temps it will send the Bass into a feeding frenzy. Also hopefully the lake doesn't freeze over.:rolleyes:Anyway i'll be out of touch from world events for a whole week. Yeh!:) Cool nights sunny days peaceful Adirondack lake, lots of loons calling day and night and warm campfires are on tap for the next 6 days. Here's a pic from last year;
20190917_110954.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you'll be fine. I'm sure that Rockwood has a gas furnace so she will stay warm inside.
The Bass should be biting in the cooler weather. My main concern would be,"Who's cooking" ?
OH yea it has a nice heater. I'm even bringing another 20# propane tank just in case she wants the heat on 24/6. When it comes to cooking fish that's left up to me and NOT in the camper. I usually get the firepit going and cook them out there.She stays inside and cooks her yuppie food.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This year could we please get a picture of the lake.
Thank you.
Here's a last year pic of a sunrise;
20190921_161334.jpg
I'll roust her butt out of bed again this year a have her take some more. I'll tell the pics are for Larry so that outta give her some incentive. Lucky i don't have a Cell phone cause i'll stay warm in the sleeping bag. I had a bunch of the moonrise pics from last year but must have deleted them. Won't be a full moon on this trip though.

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boy that water looks good and nice picture Mrs. Joe45c.
Have a fun trip Joe!
Those pics were of the Pond that the campground sits on. We go from that pond thru a couple others and a small river (Saranac river)thats connects to the main lake Upper Saranac Lake. Pretty good size lake with lots and lots of bays. They Get us out of the wind. She should be able to get lots of pics of Fall Foliage this time since we are going a week later this year. That should give her something to do while i'm concentrating on catching 5 or 6 pound bass.:)

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
Those pics were of the Pond that the campground sits on. We go from that pond thru a couple others and a small river (Saranac river)thats connects to the main lake Upper Saranac Lake. Pretty good size lake with lots and lots of bays. They Get us out of the wind. She should be able to get lots of pics of Fall Foliage this time since we are going a week later this year. That should give her something to do while i'm concentrating on catching 5 or 6 pound bass.:)
Looks like a great time Joe!
How's the foliage doing this year?
A good 2 weeks plus late here. The experts say due to the record setting drought.
Thinking your summer has been somewhat similar?

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a great time Joe!
How's the foliage doing this year?
A good 2 weeks plus late here. The experts say due to the record setting drought.
Thinking your summer has been somewhat similar?
It was kind of a dry year here too. But the leaves are filling so we should get some real goods looks while sitting in the boat looking at the mountain slopes. If the fish aren't biting i'll just drift along kick back crack open a beer and take in the majestic views.:)

·
Premium Member
11,171 Posts
joe, if that's you, nope don't recognize you from Williams AFB. "Course, I 'spect we've both added a little girth, wrinkles and white hair in 46-47 years.....:D

Reactions: joe45c

·
Premium Member
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joe, if that's you, nope don't recognize you from Williams AFB. "Course, I 'spect we've both added a little girth, wrinkles and white hair in 46-47 years.....:D
Yep that's me last year. Think i'm more grayer this year if that's possible.:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts