The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, today was likely my last match shooting Single Stack at least for now. I didn鈥檛 finish last this week! 馃槂 I finished 16 out of 17. 馃檮 The one guy I beat was also shooting Single Stack and zeroed out on two stages for some reason. That also made me 2nd out of 3 single stack shooters

My Mikes were better this week but I added 3 no shoots and 2 procedural errors. My overall breakdown for the match:

A- 62
C- 16
D- 2
M- 4
NS- 3
PROC- 2

I鈥檓 starting to think my sights might be aiming a little high after looking at several of my shot placements today. Most of my shots were fairly close together but a lot were quite a bit higher than where I was aiming. And I couldn鈥檛 hit steel to save my life either!

I suppose we鈥檒l find out what happens when the Canik gets here and I give Carry Optics a try. (Pending a chance to zero the red dot 馃敶 )

Registered
Accuracy is a lot better indeed.
What happens a lot when shooting a fiber optic front sight is that people line out the fiber with the top rear sight instead of the top of the front sight causing your hits to be high.

Also your post just screams "Shoot more" 馃槆

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Accuracy is a lot better indeed.
What happens a lot when shooting a fiber optic front sight is that people line out the fiber with the top rear sight instead of the top of the front sight causing your hits to be high.

Also your post just screams "Shoot more" 馃槆
I hadn鈥檛 thought of the fiber optic being the issue. I will have to watch how I鈥檓 aiming it a little closer.

Also, I would love to shoot more but my range time is very limited. At least until he gets the zoning changed to make it an open range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts