Last of the Turk Mausers?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/26/02 11:48:15 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Last of the Turk Mausers?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Most recent edition of Shotgun News has an add from SOG stating that they got the last of the Turk Mausers - of course, they are separating the grades into a $59 good to very good, and a $39 just good. Supply drying up? Sounds like they are taking advantage of the availability to hike prices.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

velvetnsteel
    V.I.P. Member
    (5/4/02 6:26:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Last of the Turk Mausers?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know Bob. I tried getting some from Century - they are out for good it seems. I called a couple times. I got one of the high buck ones from SOG. It is like a new rifle. Metal is 99 percent. The stock is roughly finished, but it looks like it will refinish beautifully. It is a K.KALE rifle.
    Long live the Swedish Mauser!!

K75RT
    (5/12/02 5:07:51 pm)
    Guys,
    I have a Turkish Mauser coming from jgsales.com ; they have them in stock for $39.00 the hand picked is $49.00; mine is a hand picked due here on 5/14. I also have a Model 98/22 Turkish contract coming from SOG. Both are supposed to be in very good shape I'll let you know.
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

K75RT
    (5/14/02 4:40:15 pm)
    My Turkish Mauser arrived today and it is outstanding! The wood has only minor handling marks, all will steam out. It is not soaked in cosmoline so cleaning will be rather routine. The bore is excellent, shiny and sharp..... I am very pleased with J&G Sales LTD. I've bought hand picked items in the past from various other wholesalers and they have not been this nice. They claim to have plenty of Turks, I'd recommend anyone who is thinking of buying one to contact J&G and get one of their hand picked Turks for $49.95!
    If you believe it is reprehensible to possess the will and means to repel a criminal assault...how can you rightfully ask another to risk his life to protect yours?

K75RT
    (5/19/02 9:09:16 am)
    I received my Turkish Contract 98/22 from SOG; on sale this month for $67.00. My rifle was not a hand pick rated as "Good". The rifle was completely disassembled and cleaned, my god I thought the Russians used a lot of cosmoline! I must have taken out 2lbs! This turned out to be a good thing however as the bore is shiny, the wood is very good and the rifle now cleaned and a new coat of BLO looks great. The wood is a nice piece of walnut with red wisps and a few dark lines in it. It really cleaned up nicely from the dark oil-soaked piece I pulled out of the box. The 98/22 is machined and finished beautifully, no toolmarks, crisp edges and nicely polished. I'd recommend one of these too as they are an unusual variant at a great price.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/19/02 2:49:46 pm)
    Ah, what a tease! I really want to order a couple more rifles, but the budget is tight right now. I have been picking up a few more Spanish handguns for my collection, and really don't have the funds to swing right now for any of SOGs specials.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

stan741
    (6/1/02 8:47:05 pm)
    Turks drying up? Male bovine excrement. If I was a company sitting on a bunch of them I would say that also.
    The more I listen, the more I hear......and vice versa.