Last post was almost a year ago????

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by john carter, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john carter

john carter Member

I was left eye dominate. I have lost all sight in the left eye. When first without this sight, I crushed my right hand. I had an assortment of left hand guns. Or mods to make lh shooting easier.

I have since sold all but on left hand gun. I have bought rh guns,,,,, added scopes .... Etc.

I have moved the distances to targets inward.

I carry a light to see to make gun adjustments.

For m loader, I reduced powder charges. I shoot lighter rifle loads. the new scopes are more clear as I selected them for this.

Shooting goes on

2. Broot

Broot Well-Known Mumbler Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your loss of sight in the one eye and the crushed hand! That certainly makes shooting difficult. Glad to hear you are able to continue shooting, though!

sharps4590, One Shot, drymag and 4 others like this.

3. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well dang John, sorry to hear of your troubles but glad you’ve adjusted and decided to carry on with shooting.

sharps4590, One Shot, drymag and 5 others like this.
  4. Patches

Patches Well-Known Member

More power to you and I am glad to hear that you have found a way around situations that would have stopped other people from doing something they like. Stay strong.

5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Sorry about your bad eye and bad hand. What went wrong with your eye? Is it fixable?

Glad to hear you can still do some shooting. That shows great "never give up" spirit. Well done.

6. ms6852

ms6852 GUNZILLA Supporting Member

Sorry John, about your vision I can empathize to an extent with you as I have lost vision on my right eye from complications of cataract surgery. The solace I get unlike you is that it was not my dominant eye.

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about your sight problems BUT I gotta ask, what does that have to do with the last post almost a year ago?

8. Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

This post only proves we are only truly handicapped when we can't find a way around our difficulty's to do what we like to do.
    I hope you enjoy the sight you have left for as long as you can. Keep shooting!

joe45c, One Shot, BlackEagle and 3 others like this.
  9. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

Probably just a reflection on the lack of new posts by handicapped shooters?

Glad to hear you've overcome some of your handicap, John. As a stroke victim I'm still not able to get back out and put some lead down range, but rest assured I will be. :) I've gotten to the point I can shoulder a rifle and hold it steady but I can't yet handle driving my pick up on those bumpy gravel roads to get out and shoot one of them. Having a partially paralyzed left leg and a clutch is the most pressing issue at this time. Recoil will probably make me loose my balance, but I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

10. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Yep. The penny just dropped. The previous thread on this particular part of the forum was started just under a year ago.

Broot and One Shot like this.
  11. john carter

john carter Member

i had a medical condition called central serous chorioretinopathy. it is where the retna detaches and liquid fills in rhe open area. in my case when the liquid left scar tissue was formed. you can't see through the scar. it is just a blurr. i crushed hand as i moved a three point tiller. i let is settle forward on my hand as i have no depth of field. did this before i learned this. then a few years later, i learned i had a brain tumer...... an accustic neuroma...... this cost me the hearing on the left side and took my balance. i still worked about 15 years. it was all about adjusting to do what i can.

BlackEagle, joe45c, gvw3 and 2 others like this.
  12. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

You sir, have my admiration to its fullest extent. As Churchill said, "never give up, never, never, never, never give up". He said that in a speech he gave at Harrow, where he went to school.

13. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

I wanted to ask the very same thing!

14. john carter

john carter Member

was hoping to see what others with issues are doing to shoot. as to your question ..... i ask what the hell are you even reading these?

Rae Harrison likes this.
  15. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

For your information, I can't see in front of my face but can see to the next state lol...... by the way the big boss doesn't let us cuss.....
    So I wouldn't start the habit here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.