The Firearms Forum banner

LAUF STAHL KRUPP ESSEN

7K views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  sharps4590 
#1 ·
Hello,
I know it's an old post but I have the same shotgun and I can't find any information of it on the internet. I'm trying to find information because unfortunately the stock got broken and I'm trying to search for a new one. I made one (handmade) But I wasn't so satisfied because when I was re-assembling the shotgun, it got broken another time.

Anyone her can help me finding one? New or used it doesn't matter.

I appreciate any help.
Sorry for my English

Here is some pictures and the infos written on the shotgun.

LAUF STAHL KRUPP ESSEN <<S. MARCO>> GARDONE V.T-BRESCIA MADE IN ITALY

Product Shotgun
Product Plant
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Hand Leather Jeans

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
First of all ali, welcome. To the gun, do you know when it was made? It looks very pre-WWII to me. If such is the case, pre-WWII I suspect your only choice is to have one made.

Does the gun have Italian proofs? Evidently the barrels are fluid steel, from Krupp in the town of Essen, fairly common.

#12 ·
Disassemble the barrels from the action. On the bottom of the barrels, at the breech, there will be a scattering of stampings. Take clear, discernible pictures and post them. We may be able to decipher the date from the proofs.

#14 ·
ali, the video didn't come through, at least not on my computer. I don't know what others can see. In the picture, I'm sorry, I can't make them all out even when I enlarge it.

#17 ·
Ok ali, the best I can deduce is that it was proofed in Gardone after 1950 with smokeless powder. It seems obvious the circles 12 is the bore size. I could not find anything about the lion over G. Marco. I'm curious what was obliterated, if that might be an earlier proof or what. 17084 could be a serial number or an assembly number.

That mostly takes care of the proofs on the water table of the receiver, what about the bottom of the barrels near the breech, what we call the barrel flats? I would think there would be proofs stamped there also.

#18 ·
Ok ali, the best I can deduce is that it was proofed in Gardone after 1950 with smokeless powder. It seems obvious the circles 12 is the bore size. I could not find anything about the lion over G. Marco. I'm curious what was obliterated, if that might be an earlier proof or what. 17084 could be a serial number or an assembly number.

That mostly takes care of the proofs on the water table of the receiver, what about the bottom of the barrels near the breech, what we call the barrel flats? I would think there would be proofs stamped there also.
Ignore the world "President" ... It's graved after the production on the request of the client... I saw another shotgun with the same worlds on it but instead of "President" there's "Super Star" and on the both sides different engravings

Metal

#19 ·
That's a good picture and interesting...but the proofs will be on the bottom, not the top.

#22 ·
No sir, ali, the BOTTOM of the BARRELS near the breech, not the bottom of the receiver...but that is nice engraving and I'm glad to see it!!! I believe we are having a bit of trouble with what you call firearms parts and what we call them, a mite of confusion. Pull the forearm, open the action and lift the barrels from the receiver. On the bottom of the barrels, near the breech on the flat places there should be more proofs.

#25 ·
I suspected it was a language problem but what the heck, we got it figured out. To the barrels. Those are the same as on the receiver, not what I thought would be there. I'm sorry I can't tell you anymore. It is a nice shotgun and certainly worth putting back to use but my suspicion is the same, you'll have to have a butt stock made.

Reactions: ali wehbe
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.