Laugh, Cry, or Just Shake Your Head???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/9/03 8:46:26 pm)
    Laugh, Cry, or Just Shake Your Head???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In honor of GG's "Idiots" Post:

I went to the range this weekend. After shooting for awhile, a guy pulls up and proceeds to gather attention unloading several Pelican and ATA cases onto the prep bench.

He opened them up to reveal lots of goodies including an FN Paratrooper, A Galil, a Sig 3000 TAC III, A Steyr Mannlicher, and probably the most beautiful Weatherby Mark V in .460 Wby Mag I have ever seen. There were suppressors, camo and optics to die for everywhere. There were also a couple of seahorse cases, one with a TX Buttload of ammo, the other with a very fancy looking chronograph.

As we all drooled and coveted, he went about setting things up. I asked if he were testing for some store or company and he said, "No, just my hobby." We all eventually drifted away, cursing our low paying jobs, as he smiled (I'm sure he was!) wryly to himself.

When I got back to my bench, my Kimbers, Colts, and Springfields weren't gleaming quite the way they had when I went over to look at his stuff...at least I didn't think so.

It took him awhile to get set up. Finally the line was called hot after he was ready. He had chosen the Weatherby to shoot first. We were all trying to look nonchalant and were pretending to pay attention to our stuff. I am sure everyone was watching him out of the corner of their eyes, just as I was. It took him about 4-5 mins to acquire his target satisfactorily enough to finally squeeze off his first shot...and it was a beauty!!!!!

He blew his big fancy chronograph into several pieces, most of which were pretty far downrange!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I stopped laughing, my Springfield UC not only looked really shiny, but surprisingly all hit the black 9's and 10's!!!!!!!!

Gets my "Yo, Dumbass" award of the month...possibly of they year!!!!

2003 Rose Bowl Champions!!!!
    Boom-a-tic
    *Ne'er-Do-Well Wannabe Junior Non-Staff Moderator of the Test Forum*

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/9/03 9:49:14 pm)
    Reply Re: Laugh, Cry, or Just Shake Your Head???
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That fancy gear usually means trouble for the Rangemasters. Last year when I was running the range here, two guys showed up with the fancy-dancy gun cases and firearms. As you say, the whole line had to walk by and drool over the umteen thousands of goodies.

These 2 guys kept handling the firearms, but never seemed to be doing much more than admiring them. Finally, one of them comes over and asks in a very quiet voice "Can you help us figure out how to get these open and loaded?" Being the professional Rangemaster, I didn't ask where the firearms familarization instruction was conducted, merely strolled over and made sure they first knew where the safties were, how to operate them, and then demonstrated how to load and unload the pieces. Real moneyed dumba$$es!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (1/9/03 10:28:32 pm)
    Reply Re: Laugh, Cry, or Just Shake Your Head???
    Boom, You should have offered to help him overcome his flinch. Give him a quick lesson...............................................

Then shoot up ALL his ammo.

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/10/03 1:23:09 am)
    Re: Laugh, Cry, or Just Shake Your Head???
    The other end of the spectrum also has its Darwin candidates.
    In my experience they who show up with a new firearm in the original cardboard box and the ammo in the paper bag with the receipts falling out, need to be at the other end of the range, or I quickly changed my position. Many years ago there were legal shooting areas off of Angeles Crest Hwy, within spitting distance of downtown L.A. We were in the main canyon when I could hear rounds whining close over our heads. We carefully crawled up the scree slope, elbows and a**holes. Got to peek over the ridge and here is this oriental
    kid with a new Ruger 44 carbine, the cardboard box at his feet shooting in every which direction with regards for nothing.
    What we did at that point was def not condoned by any rules of shooting etiquette, so I won't go into details...but it took him a while to dig up his rifle when we left.. (I'm sure there is a statute of limitations on our actions)
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

(1/10/03 7:24:15 am)
    Reply Dig up his rifle?
    Or do you mean "Dig out his rifle."?

'Cause if I'd been there he'd would have a hard time explaining it to his protocologist...

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/10/03 2:53:17 pm)
    Idiots
    Just made me laugh, though. All that money...so little sense.

Oh well, at least I am EXTREMELY HANDSOME!!!!!

Boom-a-tic

toolman846
    (1/10/03 4:40:27 pm)
    Reply Re: Idiots
    Hey boomatic, that was absolutely fabulous! I laughed so hard i almost fell out of my chair. Thanks for making my day. More, more......................... Jim M.

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/10/03 6:19:20 pm)
    Ahhhh...............

Boomer -

Don't want to disillusion you, but I think you've been looking in the wrong mirror!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Groundhog Devastation
    (1/10/03 7:25:11 pm)
    ROFLMAO!! Have seen that chrony blowing up act before!! It is funny!! GHD

boomatic
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/11/03 12:37:49 pm)
    Re: Idiots
    Mirror??
    What Mirror??

I just look into my tall glass (titanium so as not to leak) of Bob's Best and see my glofious reflection!!!!

Boom-a-tic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.