LCP question

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ARB, Apr 20, 2009.

1. ARB

ARB New Member

When I fire this 'thing' I have to manually pull the slide back to reload the chamber about half the time. At first, I thought it could be the ammo (remington) but after waiting a month for my Speer Gold Dot to come in, I'm having the same problem. ERRR!!!
    When I called Ruger they told me that the extractor could be to tight and send it in. Has anyone run into this problem? I'd like to trouble shoot this myself first before sending it off. (Last time it took me 2 mos. to get it back from recall.

2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I had the same issue with my neighbors LCP but it was b/c I wasn't holding it tight enough. Since its a small frame gun and a blow back action it would get away from me so the recoil power that is usually used to cycle the gun was lost in my hands. I'm used to my CZ83 so it was a total change for me.

3. ARB

ARB New Member

So, I guess this means I just need to handle it at the range a lot more? How did you overcome the problem? As you said, it is easily lost in my hand. It seems pretty much impossible to adjust my grip. The old trusty PPK is starting to sound much more appealing for carry.

4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

I have the gun sitting in the web of my hand deeper than I usually would. Instead of firing with the tip of my finger its more to the middle of my finger. It takes some practice.