The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The supply shortage is very alarming. I knew it was comming 7 months ago when I was unable to buy primers at the LGS but I did not think it would ever get this severe.

I was checking inventories and I can still find lots of lead cast bowits at several locations.

Will this situation change in time?

Thx..

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm not sure about the future but I have been buying primers and lead bullets while they are available. My LGS currently has about 20,000 primers in stock and probably 50,000 lead bullets. I get a box of each every time I stop in. Sometimes even more if the budget allows.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I don't think lead bullets will ever get as scarce as everything else. Americans have shown a preference for copper-covered bullets, so jacketed and plated--which are much harder to make--always sell out first.

I wouldn't worry about getting cast lead bullets.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Double check those online suppliers. Many list bullets but the fine print says "out of stock". A few days ago I placed an order for some bullets from a commercial caster and was told "6 to 8 week backorder"...

·
Registered
548 Posts
There's a man in Madisonburg Pa. Makes excellent cast lead bullets with or without gas checks. Moyer is his name and he's on the Internet. Moyers Cast Bullets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Georgia Arms, Villa Rica, Ga makes great lead bullets............they have had a steady supply. Google em and put in an order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts