The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
19,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this post isn't specifically about a relaoding issue.. so for those not interested in a semi off topic, might want to pull out now. :)

just a general recolection. I've always been into shooting and target sports, hunting too. learned what I needed about furearms.. aven colelcted a few and and learned a bit about those.

Along came some health probs a few years ago and I cut back on some of my outdoor activities a bit.. still wanted to stay connected to shooting ( and still shoot! ) so tookup reloading. at that time had no local people i knew that were into tit.. so hung out at a few gun forums to get a lil info, past just shooting. went thru a few trying to find the right people.

Made it here on a sugestion from a guy that was helping me via email, as a place to get good info and find good people. Prior to that i was hunting around on blogs and lists, and the people there ran the gambit from good and helpfull to whack jobs that might go on multi page tirades.

anywho. found out one thing. I've learned alot more about firearms in a few years of reloading than I thought i knew in a lifetime of gun owning. :)

been here a year now. made a few friends ( i think? :) ) met alot of really smart people, really helpfull people, great people, nmckenzie too. :)

just glad to be hear around some good people and learn.

that's it.. :)

· Premium Member
12,081 Posts
Reloading '06 ball rounds for the matches at Camp Smith back in NY was one of the pleasures of match shooting with a Garand. Of course even the most pleasurable things have their "moments". Back in the '80s I'd reloaded my requisite eighty some odd rounds for the next day's match - seemingly measuring flake by friggin' flake of IMR I don't remember what. Got to Smith, helped my spotter get set up, spread my ground cloth, laid out my rounds, and a buddy waltzes by saying "here, I got some extras..." and tosses a handful of '06 ball into my oh-so-carefully loaded batch. Oh well, the whole point in being there was to have fun. Right? :)

· Premium Member
33,025 Posts
I'll add my thanks to all of you also! I really enjoy being on this forum, getting information that I need, and meeting all kinds of knowledgable, and friendly folks! The only thing better is when some of us can actually get together, face to face, injoy some food, conversation, and a few tall tales! Thanks TFF!

· Registered
8 Posts
I haven't been reloading long at all so I learn something every time I get in the books or ask a question here. I love this site and on here every night after work just reading. Thanks to all y'all that keep this going with the great info and advise. I say there needs to be a annual get together some place. That would be something I would for sure put on the calendar.

· Premium Member
20,206 Posts
TFF has the bbq in Georgia coming up. My son and I are trying to make it. Its about 675 miles from here but I still want to go. I need to get away from the lib's here for a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.