Lee Classic Cast Press

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by thomas44, Apr 4, 2009.

1. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Midway had them on sale last month and I bought one. Just got it yesterday and wow am I impressed ! What a beautiful, big, heavy duty single stage press ! They retail for about $130 and they had them on sale for about $75, which worked out to be $86 with shipping. Best $86 I've ever spent on reloading equipment ! I have a Lee Turret press and I like it, but the primers go flying everywhere, but not on this press. They go down a tube and right into the trash can ! It's got a 1 1/8" ram that's smooth as silk and I just love it !!! Highly recommend it !

2. RustyFN

RustyFN Member

Thanks for the review. I have heard a lot of good things about the classic single stage. I have the classic turret and it has the same primer disposal as the classic single stage.
    Rusty

3. techoca

techoca New Member

I too have just purchased a Classic Cast press in the last month and am very pleased with the quality.

4. RandyP

RandyP Active Member

FWIW the Lee Classic Turret has the same clear plastic tubing design for catching the spent primers. The Deluxe turret just has the well to catch them which then needs emptying. Some folks have drilled a hole in their bench under the well and catch the primers in a tin can.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  5. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have been using the same Lee single stage press for about 30 years. I mainly use it for rifle reloading now, since I got my Dillon a couple of months ago.

6. sewerman

sewerman New Member

purchased the classic iron base turret lee press about two months ago.

IMHO lee products are just great no non-sense products that get the job done for the hobby loader.

i'm very pleased with all my lee equipment and the money saved went for the three "B's".....bullets, bacon & beer !:D

sewerman