The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Not totally sure but the width of bullet is the same so I dont see why not. I'm lazy so I have a set of dies for both so I dont have to re-adjust everytime I change calibers.
EDIT: Just did a quick search and the consensus is NO. The 9mm case is tapered and the .380 is not.

· Registered
18,395 Posts
GunClinger's edit is correct. No, you can't.

Many people seem to believe that 380 to 9mm is like 38 to 357, but it's not. It's not just a shorter version, and you can't use the same dies. Doesn't matter whether you are using regular dies in a loading press or a Lee Loader.

· Registered
6,146 Posts
Is loading 380 auto economical? I think you can buy ammo (when availible) cheaper.
Yeah, it's economical.

I paid $25 per 500 cast lead bullets on my last purchase, which is 5¢ each. Add 4¢ per primer, 1.5¢ for powder, and pick up all my brass, and I'm loading .380 for about $5.25 per box of 50.

I haven't seen even cheap Tulammo at Walmart for less than $10 per box of 50.

· Registered
87 Posts
In my Lee set's the sizing die is diff. But, yes the way things are right now I have started reloading everything I shoot. I never "bothered" with the small stuff till now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.