The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i saw these lee rgb dies and was wondering if they were even worth looking at. my brother wants me to load him some 22-250s. he is just shooting a little single shot rifle at <100 yards. is it worth the money saved? Thoughts? Thanks yall!

·
Super Moderator
41,399 Posts
I have never bought any of the green box Lee dies, but I don't see anything wrong with them myself. 99% of the dies I use are Lee dies. I do believe the only difference between these and the red box dies is that you do not get a shell holder and the yellow dipper.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is what they say is it is two lee dies without all the extras in the box. And for his rifle i really see no need to crimp

·
Super Moderator
28,079 Posts
Mr Moody is 100% correct. You only get a sizing and seating die. I have a couple sets. You're going to need a shell holder. And I agree. I see no need to crimp for a single shot.

·
Super Moderator
41,399 Posts
The rounds I load for my single shot rifles do not get crimped, I just don't see any reason for it myself! The die should still be capable of crimping if you need to crimp them.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks yall. I have a full set of shell holders.

·
Super Moderator
41,399 Posts
Then I would go for it, $19.95 at MidwayUSA is a great price for them.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. the guy i buy from on ebay has the for $18.95 so i will get them from him. i highly recommend him.

·
Super Moderator
41,399 Posts
That is a great price, especially if his shipping is low of even better - free!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shipping is $3.95 for the set. but the best part is when i bought my press from him i also bought a few odds n ends as well as dies for my .223 and he has a max combined shipping of $12.95. I just bought a set of breech lock bushings from him for a fair price and the shipping was $1.95.

Reactions: gdmoody

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
his name is "reloaderschoice" and the store is "The Four Sportsmen" on ebay I will definitely be shopping there first.

·
Super Moderator
41,399 Posts
I just spent a few minutes looking at his "store". I does have a lot of stuff and the prices are pretty fair!

·
Super Moderator
41,399 Posts
I have looked at Amazon and I don't consider them all that cheap. It is one of the first places I look for "stuff".

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
The dies might be OK, but they come with those lousy LEE o-ring locking rings. I know some of you will say these work well. But the few sets of LEE dies that I've over used the years, none would hold a setting with these rings. I always wound up throwing them out and buying regular locking rings to replace them, it negated the whole purpose of buying inexpensive dies. IMHO spend a few extra bucks and get RCBS or Lyman dies, or for a few more dollars get Forster or Redding. Over the years, the only LEE dies that I haven't had to replace/throw out are the factory crimp dies, all the others got replaced with dies made by the aforementioned manufacturers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts