The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,617 Posts
The S/N is on the receiver and top tang and, they don't appear to match. Is the last number different in the two numbers? I'm not certain. S/N's were not required by the government on long guns until 1968.. I suspect those are mechanics or assembly numbers on the barrels.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Registered
9,448 Posts
The S/N is on the receiver and top tang and, they don't appear to match. Is the last number different in the two numbers? I'm not certain. S/N's were not required by the government on long guns until 1968.. I suspect those are mechanics or assembly numbers on the barrels.
The number on the water table does match one of the numbers on the barrel assembly, 20523 The number on the trigger guard, it isn't the top tang Vic, doesn't match, 20525. Methinks someone at the factory used the wrong trigger guard when it was assembled. Somewhere out there is another Lefever with a trigger guard number that's two digits off from the barrel and water table numbers :)

·
Premium Member
11,617 Posts
If I blow it up Griz, it looks to me as if the last digit on the tang is indeed a "3". If I don't, it could be a 5 or 3.

AT this point I'll bow out from further comment and just follow the thread. I am dismally ignorant of American shotguns and what I said in my first post was drawn from my German firearm experience.

Reactions: shootbrownelk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts