Lefever Chokes

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am thinking about buying a Lefever 16 gauge Nitro special side x side. The owner doesn't know what the chokes are but says that each barrel is stamped with a number, #2 and #4. Does anyone know if these are Lefever choke identifications? If so, does anyone know how they would correlate to 'cylinder,' 'improved,' 'modified,' etc?

Thanks,
    dmc

Packet
    (12/27/02 9:25:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Question about Lefever choke numbers
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not familiar with those numbers, however, if you have access to a dial caliper, I have the sizes for various chokes in 16 ga. Cylinder=.617, skeet 1 =.613, improved cylinder=.611, skeet 2= .608, modified= .603, full= .592.

Edited by: Packet at: 12/29/02 8:13:27 pm

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/28/02 4:07:41 pm)
    Nice catch, Packet.

16Gauge
    (2/7/03 3:16:36 pm)
    Choke markings for whatever it was choked when it left the factory should be stamped at the forward edge of each barrel flat, likely a 4 on the left flat and a 2 on the right flat.

Ithaca choke markings were as follows:

4 = Full Choke
    3 = Improved Modified
    2 = Modified
    1 = Improved Cylinder
    0 = Cylinder
    S = Skeet

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/8/03 8:05:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Question about Lefever choke numbers
    And those should correspond to your LeFever.

dmc2003
    (2/10/03 11:44:51 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Lefever chokes
    Thanks for the information! That answers my question. I appreciate it.

Dave