The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thinking about buying a Lefever 16 gauge Nitro special side x side. The owner doesn't know what the chokes are but says that each barrel is stamped with a number, #2 and #4. Does anyone know if these are Lefever choke identifications? If so, does anyone know how they would correlate to 'cylinder,' 'improved,' 'modified,' etc?

Thanks,
dmc

Packet
(12/27/02 9:25:35 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Question about Lefever choke numbers
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not familiar with those numbers, however, if you have access to a dial caliper, I have the sizes for various chokes in 16 ga. Cylinder=.617, skeet 1 =.613, improved cylinder=.611, skeet 2= .608, modified= .603, full= .592.

Edited by: Packet at: 12/29/02 8:13:27 pm

Xracer
*TFF Senior Staff*
(12/28/02 4:07:41 pm)
Nice catch, Packet.

16Gauge
(2/7/03 3:16:36 pm)
Choke markings for whatever it was choked when it left the factory should be stamped at the forward edge of each barrel flat, likely a 4 on the left flat and a 2 on the right flat.

Ithaca choke markings were as follows:

4 = Full Choke
3 = Improved Modified
2 = Modified
1 = Improved Cylinder
0 = Cylinder
S = Skeet

AntiqueDr
*TFF Senior Staff*
(2/8/03 8:05:41 am)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Question about Lefever choke numbers
And those should correspond to your LeFever.

dmc2003
(2/10/03 11:44:51 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Lefever chokes
Thanks for the information! That answers my question. I appreciate it.

Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts