The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here. Not used to posting to forums either so I'm sure I'm not gonna end up doing this right. Ha. I did however search and couldnt come up with any answers so I'll just ask here.

Im looking to purchase a new rifle for coyote hunting and I'm stuck between a 22-250 or a .204. That problem will be solved in itself as to availability as I'm looking for a Left hand rifle. My local FFL has given me a few options that I'm happy with but they are all on backorder. So my main question is. Which manufacturer has the shortest turn around for backorder? Savage or Remington. I'm really leaning towards a remington 700 sps varmint but as it will be beat around in my truck the savage axis 2 is my next best. Ruger quit making the American in a LH 22-250 so my "cheap" options are limited. Any preferences on the 2? I'm open to about anything. I'd really like to find a used one but lefty's like myself dont like to sell our left handed rifles for this exact reason. Thanks!

·
GUNZILLA
6,439 Posts
As a lefty myself, I don't mind buying right handed rifles unless they have a Monte Carlo style butt stock. If it's an ambidextrous but tstock I don't think about it, I just buy it. Over the years of shooting right handed rifles I find myself being more proficient and faster in operating the bolt as my cheek weld remains more stable and my left hand is ready to squeeze the trigger while I operate the bolt with my right hand. Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Remington went bankrupt, so from your two choices, I would have to say Savage. CZ makes excellent left hand rifles, and Ruger still makes the M77 in LH.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts