Lets expand Warpigs question one step further

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt Guest

shooter22
    (1/8/02 6:13:28 pm)
    | Edit | Del All Lets expand Warpigs question one step further
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you could take one day back and change it, what day and why?

Mine is easy, November 30, 1995. the early morning hours when my mom started having heart probems and with her diabetes, her symptoms were not classic. We did not know what was wrong. the hospital here did not even know how to treat her, but while they contemplated what to do, she passes away. If I could change anything, we would have taken her straight to Kansas City. I'm sorry guys, Pigs "one wish" just brought up some hard memories, I'm dealing with it.

BlackGun
    (1/8/02 6:35:13 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: Lets expand Warpigs question one step further
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK! Since we are on this topic, I'll add my TWO cents. I wish I could take back every harsh word that has hurt someone I cared about and make the hard and hurt feeling go away, this especially includes LTS I'm sorry, man for being mean, hateful and ugly to you!
    Make Peace, Not war! He who angers you, controls you! !

BlackGUN

gpostal
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/8/02 6:48:09 pm)
    shooter I was going to give my anniversary date but after reading that i can't joke

sorry to hear that ,reminds me of when my dad passed ,he was the biggest hypochondriac you ever wanted to meet ,so every time he got sick ,you had to take it lightly ,and the one time I didn't give him attention he died ,he was laying there a few days after fathers day{ I missed }, with ten different things plugged into him ,and I was sitting there with my wife ,he woke for a brief moment and called out her name ,then went back to sleep, a hour later he looked up directly at me with the most horrified and scared look on his face and said ,"Danny I am really dieing" ,last words he spoke

i wish i could go back and spend that fathers day with him like i should have

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 6:49:01 pm)
    Sorry shooter

My day would be Aug 22 1972. My dad let me drive the combine for the first time, he was riding on the cat walk, the combine slid off a steep hill and flipped over backwards. My father received 9 broken vertebrae and was in a circle bed for 3 months. I was pinned under the machine for 4 hrs before rescue workers cut me out with an abrasive saw. I had a broken arm and needed 34 stitches. Anyway my dad has never had his full range of motion sense. And from then on we could never play catch in the yard again.

LOCK & LOAD-ROCK & ROLL

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/8/02 6:52:44 pm)
    You know shooter most people think of themselves first.
    I would have thought the date would have been when you were shot.The loving and caring you have for your fellow man and family are only a few of the reasons why you have endeared yourself to all of us.
    I have and will continue to look up to you.You sir are an inspiration to me.

warpig883
    (1/8/02 7:29:45 pm)
    Dang Shooter I did not mean to start you and everyone feeling bad about things in the past.

I guess we all have things that we could have done different. But we are all human and just have to do the best we can. We all have to live one day at a time and sometimes we need to slow down and just enjoy what we have and the people around us.

Living is part of dying and we have to find a way for the means to justify the end.

Things do not always turn out the way we want them and I firmly believe a higher power holds our whims and goals in his hand.

Sorry for the ramble.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

BlackGun
    (1/8/02 7:58:33 pm)
    Bid Dawg! It wasn't a ramble! It may have been a little healing. Sometimes we have to let it out! Good for the soul! What cha think!
    Make Peace, Not war! He who angers you, controls you! !

BlackGUN

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (1/8/02 8:40:07 pm)
    C'MON EVERYBODY......(smile)
    Just think for a minute...
    I'm HERE!
    Now what day were ya askin about?
    My worst day I choose not to talk about, thank you.
    Charlie D

Edited by: Different name at: 1/8/02 8:41:26 pm

TallTLynn
    (1/8/02 9:43:31 pm)
    shooter22 - as always you help us put things in perspective.

I can think of nothing I would of changed in my life - no matter how bad it is or was depending on how you look at it - my life.

Looking back for me makes no sense as the past in unchangeable.
    TLynn

Tac401
    Administrator
    (1/8/02 9:53:33 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Lets expand Warpigs question one step further
    The past may not be changeable but in most cases
    it can be repaired if the desire and will is there!
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

AGunguy
    (1/8/02 10:40:59 pm)
    Our past gives us a chance to improve our acts in the future, if we have the heart to do that.

GG

warpig883
    (1/9/02 1:52:46 am)
    Tac you are right I had never thought about it that way. Thanks.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

polishshooter
    (1/9/02 1:16:45 pm)
    Experience keeps you from making Mistakes.
    Making Mistakes is what gives you Experience.

I have made MANY mistakes in my life, but actually in retrospect would not have changed anything, as even the mistakes are just a part of the sum total of what I am, and what my life is today, and I can live with that...

And even the mistakes led to things I would NEVER change...

For example, if I had it to do over, I MAYBE wouldn't have gone in debt to go to a private college that REALLY hasn't helped me any more than going to a cheaper state school would have...

MAYBE I should have stayed with my ROTC plans, even after I lost the full ride because of my back surgery, I was fine later, and maybe COULD have had the military career I always wanted....

BUT...if any of that had happened, I would NOT have met my wife, and had the kids I now have, and THAT is something I would NEVER change at all...SOOooooo...I guess I DIDN'T make those "mistakes" after all...

My Dad had a saying which makes more and more sense every day...

"You gotta dance with the girl you got..."

Now while my MOM maybe didn't understand what he meant , I guess it kinda sums up my life...

And I like the "dance" so far...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.