1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gpostal
(10/12/01 10:15:27 am)
| Edit | Del All lets give money to afghan children
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bush :quote
{Before we leave, I want to make a special request to the children of America. I ask you to join in a special effort to help the children of Afghanistan. Their country has been through a great deal of war and suffering. Many children there are starving and are severely malnourished. One in three Afghan children is orphan, almost half suffer chronic malnutrition, and we can and must help them.}: unquote

ya starving orphans ,lets see could it be dad strapped a bomb to his @$$ and blew up the local market??

i want my kids sending money to afghan kids so they can grow up and terrorize the u.s. ,these little Hitler youth are right now getting it implanted in their little heads we are evil ,all they see is death and destruction by us right now ,so we give them a m.r.e it doesn't change anything ,it is like giving a death-row inmate his last meal ,it doesn't change who he is ,or his crime

Xracer
(10/12/01 10:21:33 am)
| Edit | Del Re: lets give money to afghan children
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, let's starve a bunch of children to death. Is that what we REALLY stand for?

polishshooter
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(10/12/01 10:59:40 am)
Anybody that does NOT see the BRILLIANCE of this stroke in the Big Picture is just not thinking, or is incapable of it.

The mere IDEA of American kids EARNING a dollar by washing cars, doing yardwork, and sending it in to help Afghan kids that ARE starving....

...provides to the WHOLE world a picture that cannot be bought for ANY price!!!!!!

You got EVERYTHING there...the strength of our way of life, the picture that EVERYONE can "make a buck" with a "Free Enterprise" economic system, the POWER of humanitarian, CHRISTIAN charity, the Psyops of "You shot down a plane carrying aid from the CHILDREN?," the future-building of the idea that one of those kids earning that buck may be President someday meeting the President of Afghanistan that REMEMBERS eating some rice bought by American kids in 2001...and even if all it does is give our kids something positive to DO and think about when our world is in shambles it's worth it!

My GOD, please THINK before you SLAM...

Do you REMEMBER the power of evoking "for the children" to take away our rights by the LAST administration?

You cannot avoid the fact that is POWERFUL. It's about TIME somebody found a POSITIVE way to use it, in a way intended to benefit the nation and NOT personal political power.

CRAP I can't handle this negative don't even TRY to look beyond your freakin' NOSE thinking!!!!

Doing NOTHING but bomb will make that kid grow up to be JUST LIKE HIS FATHER!!!

God gave you a MUCH bigger brain.

USE IT.

I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

LIKTOSHOOT
(10/12/01 11:22:46 am)
Lets see, the number one killer over there is heart disease from being fat and lazy (adults) Maybe they should share first. Save children and adults too, Nah! to easy and it doesn`t garner that feel good......thing. Why don`t we just bring them all over here and fatten them up, then send them back healthy, then they would be our friends for life. They would then send us love letters and those good feelings back. Much like the ones they sent just a few days back........lets just bend over a little further, it seems to be the favorite position lately and many seem to enjoy it. Maybe if they kill some more of us, we`ll make them a State.....the 51st.
America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

BlackGun
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 11:30:16 am)
I won't debate this issue! I only have this to say! And I think I said it before in another post that ran me hot! Listen to what Polish has to say! DAMN!!!!!!!
rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
BlackGUN

gpostal
(10/12/01 11:40:02 am)
no we shouldn't starve them ,but if you think what money is given is just going to children ,you are mislead , it is not a bunch of just children or innocent people in general

i guess my point is we shouldn't GIVE them anything ,we all here moan and groan about welfare here on our own soil but it is ok to provide welfare to other countries

we will not impact them by giving them anything , but we should provide away for it to be earned {by adults} and see our way of life
if they had our way of life maybe there wouldn't be so many orphans ,examine the reason why there are so many orphans

------------------------------------------------------------------
Doing NOTHING but bomb will make that kid grow up to be JUST LIKE HIS FATHER!!!
----------------------------------------------

just by giving him food is not going to change him ,teaching them providing education ,

dropping single ration mre's out of a plane just isn't going to cut it ,you think a meal now and then will change their way of life ??????????

remember their way of life is to die in a holly war , if we are going to make a impact we must change this practice ,feeding them for free i don't think is the answer

if they want our help at least respect our way of life ,don't eat our food so you have energy to kill us

"don't bite the hand that feeds you" is a American saying not Muslim

there is no genius in doing this ,time will tell

and just because bush said it doesn't mean it's a spectacular ideal

Edited by: gpostal at: 10/12/01 12:50:28 pm

polishshooter
(10/12/01 11:51:42 am)
LTS, you could not have said it better if you were a bin Laden plant...

Are you?

I'm sorry, I have a new rule ...ENGAGE.

I will not "suffer fools lightly.'

On EITHER side, the Liberal wackos or those wackos on "my" side.

If I just piss them off, FINE, maybe they'll shut up and think first...

If I piss them off and FORCE them to think first, look up facts, learn from History AND current events, KNOW they will get slammed if they regurgitate "pat" bullshit emotional answers, and learn to BACK UP what they say with logical thought and reason, all the while TAKING THE CHANCE that if they truly try to LEARN with an open mind they MAY find out their opinion MAY be wrong and have to change....

...and MAYBE get ME to think about something differently and change MY mind(it HAS happened..)

Then we have a discussion, OK, argument, that we ALL learn from...

Just understand one thing, please.

I have a Polish temper, but not a hateful, spiteful bone in my body.

If I EVER say something that sounds wrong or that can be taken as a personal attack, I do NOT mean it.

Some of my best "pop a vein in my forehead" arguments have been with friends and family, MOST of whom are still friends and family...

But DAMMIT, when I see a target, especially a target borne from IGNORANCE, this pilot is coming out of the sun with four .50s on my Wildcat turned on and set to converge at 100 yds, but with my other two turned off so I have a reserve with which to fight my way back...

Thatch said it best..."These Jap planes are paper kites, TURN into them. DOGFIGHT them. Trust in your firepower and armor when you are down, but ENGAGE them." In 1942, when everybody thought you had to RUN from Zeros...

We have run from Liberals, do-gooders, Environmental wackos, and people who say stupid things on OUR side too without challenge because we are "polite," or want to "avoid conflict."

Bullshit. I'm engaging.

I've already had a BIG fight in a bar with a guy that outranks me at work that's a Liberal, before the "war."

I wasn't fired, and we are still friends.

Bring it on.

polishshooter
(10/12/01 12:01:33 pm)
...and another thing...

We've ALL heard "Opinions are like @**holes, everybody has one."

Like any truism, it's TRUE.

Likewise, "Everyone is entitled to his opinion."

BUT, WHERE does it say all of them are EQUAL????

A guy or girl who has a well-thought out, researched, tempered, maybe even CHANGED with new facts, opinion is MUCH more valued than one that is simply a result of what his Dad, his Party, his Union, or his bar-buddies think, or maybe a book he read in High School 20 years ago...or because he likes the SOUND of crap like "Rich getting richer..." "If it saves ONE life..."

Isn't it??????

I will defend to the DEATH your right to disagree with me, BUT we will STILL disagree...and I will be trying to get you to agree with me.

I HOPE you are trying to get me to agree with YOU...

Stating your opinion alone is mental masturbation. It will make you go blind, cause you do MOST of it in the dark.

BACK IT UP! That's mental STIMULATION, it's good for you.

polishshooter
(10/12/01 12:26:04 pm)
GP, CAN'T you see what's going on?

That we are TRYING to avoid a Holy War?

TRYING to pit Muslim against Muslim? Trying to show this is a "Just War?" (A Christian Concept...)

TRYING to show we are SMARTER than just bombing?

TRYING to do something DIFFERENT?

TRYING to PROVE it's not a war against Afghans, or Muslims?

TRYING to show the world they DON'T understand America? We are NOT a threat?

They ARE starving now. Education is fine, and necessary, but they have to EAT first!!! IT's costing us $20 Million a DAY to bomb...if we can find ANY way to keep this from happening again it saves us money, if THAT'S your goal..

And your argument makes one BIG assumption...ALL Afghans hate us, ALL Afghans believe we are the Great Satan, ALL Afghans will bomb us...that's where your problem is.

You aren't paying attention...the Taliban is for the MOST part an ARABIAN and PAKISTANI movement. HATED by the MAJORITY of Muslims world-wide... Many of the Taliban soldiers dominating and terrorizing the Afghan people don't even speak their LANGUAGE.

This IS a fight to "liberate" Afghanistan...they are STARVING because of bin Laden and the Taliban...and the first thing the Taliban did when taking control was "disarm the people."

Your other point?

Our poor people are the RICHEST poor people on earth, SCREW welfare, it runs against the grain of what we stand for, in our system, ANYBODY "able bodied" person can make it on their own IF THEY TRY... if we spent ALL the money we spend on Welfare overseas, hell, give it away with NO strings, we would be better off...

gpostal
(10/12/01 12:34:11 pm)
what would a day be like if i agreed with you polish???????
-------------------------------------------

ten years from now : four afghans in there early twenties are sitting around their new-york apartment ,passing time before the morning before they blow up times square

aknad :hey guys remember the time when America dropped those meals out of the plane during the war?

Abdul: ya i remember ,i got red beans and rice and then lost it in a card game

karem : i remember too ,but we didn't go near it we were to afraid it was a trick, maybe a bomb or poison

Mohammad: wow i forgot all about it ,sure was a tasty meal .maybe we should have second thoughts about what we are going to do tomorrow

all together: naaaaaaaaa

Mesen
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 12:41:53 pm)
or do you suppose Uncle Sam's rice cakes have too much saltpeter?
IF YOU VALUE YOUR FREEDOM, THANK A VET!

gpostal
(10/12/01 12:47:01 pm)
ok polish not all afghans want to kill us ,personally go over there and segregate them

if you are watching and listening closely ,you will see that even the countries that are supposedly on our side ,their people are not ,there isn't one middle eastern country that is truly "without political agenda" that is on our side , take the ungrateful Saudi Arabia ,little more than ten years ago we where on the soil protecting them from Iraq ,that was ok ,but where do they stand now ?,not with us

if it is so important for us to feed afghan people why weren't we doing it 9-10-01?????????????????

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 12:58:35 pm)
History has shown that we always give a big helping hand to any nation that we've kicked the shite out of. And in most cases they wind up being more prosperous than us...Geramany and Japan come to mind. They've let us uplift their economy and use us to protect their asses.

But Afghanistan is far back in the stone age I doubt they'll ever show a profit...too backward in the religious
authoriterian beliefs like a lot of 3rd world countries.

And we are always there to dole out the greenbacks, except for Viet Nam, we screwed up on that one, or Truman did when he ignored their pleas for a democratic government. So they went commie.

Giving aid to those hard liners now is probably a pure waste of time, the formula has always been kick ass and then give them aid. Is it our fault their kids are starving? Is it our fault we are at war with the Taliban who control most of the people in that region? Our government is merely using this aid ploy to try and make us look like the good guys while we bomb their butts back into prestone age era. If you don't believe there is politics envolved here, you are pretty naive.

I am for helping everyone to help themselves...but not to my liberty nor my country. Tread on me and mine and I'll tear off you're head and shite down you're wind pipe. (well, there was a time I could back that up)

Gunguy

Flhunter
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 1:06:44 pm)
Look at how much help we give our own people on welfare, only to have them hate the gov. saying thats its their fault that they are where they are at now. Breeding more only to bring up the same teachings. All they want is a handout or a way to play the system. What started out as a very good cause turned into a pile of crap. Polish I want so badly to believe in what you have said, but history has showed us what will happen. I just hope you are correct and the afgan people will have more pride in themselves than some of the people here in the U.S. and not expect a handout from the U.S. for the rest of their lives.

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here. Patrick Henry 1765

gpostal
(10/12/01 2:10:34 pm)
it is nice to see i proved polish wrong ,? i am not the only quote "braindead, @$$hole that suffers from mental masturbation and dont pay attention "

i dont mind a disagreement but if we can't possible learn at least a diferent point of view from one onother ,whats the point? just becuase i dont agree no need for name calling or incinuating ,

"CRAP I can't handle this negative don't even TRY to look beyond your freakin' NOSE thinking!!!!" polish i think you are the one guilty of this not me ,i started this thread to voice opinions ,{not always agreeable ones} not luanch a attack on each other

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nuke 'em ,small nuclear missiles ,take out the country that harbors terrorism and make a example of how we will not tolerate terrorism 3 / 20.0%

carpet bomb strategic locations 0 / 0.0%

bomb then send in troops to locate bin-laden 7 / 46.7%

bomb then send in troops , and use economic sanctions 4 / 26.7%

no military action ,use economic sanctions ,and diplomacy to force out bin-laden ,and hurt the country by economics means 1 / 6.7%

i posted the above poll on 9-16-01 not one of the choices mention feeding them ,not one of the respones mention feeding them , and out of the five choices wich one would work combining feeding them???????????

KimberRuger
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 2:38:09 pm)
I'm not sure I should, but I never listen to that particular voice anyway .......

I can see points on both sides of this issue.

By feeding them, maybe, just maybe, we can stem the tide of hatred directed at the US. Will it work ? Sorry, I don't have a crystal ball.

The alternative ? Stoop to their level. Let the little heathens starve and suffer. Is that what the US is about ? Certainly not. Maybe innocent casualties are unavoidable in this war, that's one thing, but to turn ou back on those who need our help is not the answer either.

Feed them ? What about the hungry and homeless here on our soil ? Shouldn't we take care of them first ? Maybe, but here at least they have the opportunity to EARN a living.

Let them starve ? Then we show favoritism to other countries who we feed, shelter and clothe.

Feed them ? That does show that we are capable of compassion - even to our enemies. That alone speaks volumes.

And you have to realize that the children have done nothing to harm us, and their thoughts ar not their own. The "evil" thoughts, the hatred of America in the hearts and minds of these children is a product of their parents.

By eliminating the dirty, greedy political element there, the people have a chance at some semblence of equality. We need to do the same thing here, but by doing it over there it could be an opportunity to learn for them, and in the process find ways of feeding themselves. What's that saying ? Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he can eat forever ?

Which side am I on - Bomb them all or feed them all ? I don't honestly know. What I do know is that I can look at the facts as presented, weigh the options, and make a choice.

Remember, a mind is like a parachute - it only works when it's open.

Patrick

HerbyJr
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 2:43:32 pm)
I've got to go with Polish on this one. The plan is a good one.

However, I believe the biggest positive result that comes out of this plan is within our own country. It is good for our kids to have a role to play. It gives them a positive objective.

I do admit though, it is not very easy to make a 6 year old understand. "Yes son, we need to send money over to the Afghan kids because we have been bombing their country and we killed many of the adults."

This is the world we live in.

H.

TallTLynn
(10/12/01 3:09:13 pm)
If I recall right Congress approved a substantial aid package early this year for Afghanistan.

Seem to recall we've been doing this for some time. So I'm not sure that throwing more money at the situation is really going to help.

On the other hand if the Taliban were no longer in control maybe the aid would help and so forth.

Time is the only thing that will ever tell us if we are right in what we do or not.

Tac401
Administrator
(10/12/01 3:29:06 pm)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: lets give money to afghan children
T makes a valid point and to add to that, we
hope for the best but if things don't turn out
that way then hopefully we'll learn from our
mistakes.
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 3:49:15 pm)
One way to find out if this 'lets give them food plan' will work, you guys go to those Pakistan mobs in the streets of those border towns, tell them what you want to do for the Afghan kids...I don't think you would survive it.

We're talking radical brain washed religious fanatics here, not rational reasoning people. They want to rip out your eyes and cut out you're heart.

In case you haven't figured it out...we are at war with a terrible evil mind set. We are at war with a country that supports terrorism and terrorist recruiting. Those evil religious bastards have perverted their own faith, using it to brainwash their young, food handouts will not prevail against that kind of mannipulation. It is a terrible and sad plight the Afghans are being subjected to, but the evil doers have to be put down before any effective corrective measures can be brought to help those people.

When the terrorism continues in the USA I don't think there will be too much sympathy for anyone in Afghanistan or any country that supports those cretins. Everyone had better brace themselves for what's coming next.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 10/12/01 10:07:33 pm

Tac401
Administrator
(10/12/01 4:14:54 pm)
| Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: lets give money to afghan children
AG,

You also make a valid point, the media the other day
said that the Afghans were destroying the food that
we have been dropping, I must admit that when I
saw the Pres. make that announcement yesterday
it didn't sit too well in my gut however, for now I'll
give o'l GW the benefit of doubt and wait to see
what motive is really behind the idea and what the
end results will be, if any.
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 7:13:52 pm)
I guess I better wade into this mess and throw my .02 out. I don't think we should be giving anyone outside the USA anything in the way of monetary or any other kind of aid. It is our money being spent. It should be used to take care of things at home.
I do not want to see children or anyone else suffer, but we need to stop being the policemen and big brother to every country with a population that is not smart enough to govern themselves in a way that provides the basic neccecities.

Fire away, I am looking forward to it.
Don't mind me, I am a blithering idiot:)

BlackGun
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 9:20:50 pm)
Guys! Look at a bigger picture here! Read between the lines! I won't take it any further! The world is looking at us! DUH! We do not wage war on a country, we wage war against TERRORISM! Open your eyes and see what out stratigist are doing! We are not the bad guys!
rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
BlackGUN

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 9:31:33 pm)
I agree we are not the bad guys. Why do we act like we are asking for forgivness? Why is it then that we are always giving all kinds of aid to populations that cannot help themselves? I realize we are fighting the war against terrorism and not just Afganistan. The rest of the world is probably laughing at us as we drop bombs by night and food by day. Maybe I am just being crabby tonight (that is what my wife thinks) but I am really thinking that we need to toughen up and let the other countries fend for themselves.

hammer4nc
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 10:06:37 pm)
RE: Food drops to Afghans, etc. The amount of money spent on "food drops" is a less than a fraction of a percent, compared to the amount spent on our military effort. Likewise, the total amount of $$$ raised by US kids will do nothing to stop famine in that country. Both of these efforts are SYMBOLIC...designed to convince moderate arab countries that we're not out to exterminate muslim peasants, and maybe generate some patriotic support, from the pacifists in this country. Will it work? Don't know, but its worth trying, IMO. I don't think its worth arguing over.

Bush is doing these things because he's walking a tightrope, trying to avoid losing members of the "coalition".

The REAL issue: What will post-war Afghanistan govt. look like? Taliban must be eliminated, but the Northern Alliance isn't any better. When they ruled, in the days following the Russian invasion, their incompetence made the Taliban takeover possible. I think Bush will try to maneuver the son of the former ruler (shah? sultan? sheik? I'm not sure of his title), who is NOT an islamic fundementalist, into power. Didn't this family rule for quite some time before the fundementalists took over? Perhaps the best we can hope for is someone like the govt. of the former shah of Iran, (remember him?)

As much as I'd like to get revenge for the terrorists, I can't find fault with the Bush overall strategy at this point.

TallTLynn
(10/12/01 10:09:03 pm)
hammer4nc - the former rulers of Afghanistan have said they do not wish to rule the country again.

In fact they were quite firm on that matter.

hammer4nc
V.I.P. Member
(10/12/01 10:29:18 pm)
Thanks, TLynn,

I'm far from knowledgeable about this subject...I did come across an interesting article, however. It's short and concise: www.myafghan.com/news.asp?id=1872844107

Sounds like a number of players are involved. At least the US is looking beyond the current military exercise. Any bets on who will rule? Maybe they'll divide up the regions, within the country?

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/13/01 2:26:51 am)
The formers rulers want nothing to do with the country as far as a new government. That really sends a message and tells us how messed up that place is.

Xracer
(10/13/01 11:21:21 am)
I really don't give a damn if we get anything out of it....or if it's politically astute....or if those kids will later grow up to hate us.....if I see a starving child, I just can't sit on my butt and do nothing about it.

For God's sake, let's have a little humanity here!

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/13/01 11:48:02 am)
The kids may grow up to possibly kill you're family, relatives, friends, or yourself...how are you going to feel
about it then?

We are not dealing with honorable individuals here, we are on the receiving end of terrorist. And you would do well to consider that before getting too benevolent and generous.

Remember what happen to our guys in Somalia, they were trying to help maintain order while food was given to those starving masses. Some died doing their duty, their bodies poked and prodded, shot full of holes and dragged through the streets of the mad Muslim mob. Screw that crap if that's what you get trying to help starving people who can't find leadership that will sustain their halfass terrorist thug led nation.

Gunguy

Edited by: AGunguy at: 10/13/01 12:49:48 pm

gpostal
(10/13/01 12:47:17 pm)
mother nature works in mysterious ways also ,ever think by starvation might be mother natures way of controlling population? we all know what happens when deer or rabbits over populate a area ,the way mother nature see's it only the strong survive the week parish, this is the way of nature ,and for a reason

we are not just feeding the children that WILL not IF ,grow up to hate us, we are feeding the adults that are ploting our death right now ,right now i view the children is like i would a pet baby tiger ,sure they are cute now, but when they grow up they will kill me

by the way

i give each one of my kids a dollar to donate if they want to ,and asked them to learn a little more about the situation before they do ,and left the decision up to them

polishshooter
(10/13/01 4:16:20 pm)
That was a good thing to do Dan, MAKE them learn a little about it and make up their own mind.

And Dan, I was NOT namecalling, you know me better than that. But too many people DON'T look beyond their nose...

This is WAR. Face it.

It is also the FIRST war like this REALLY that we or ANYONE ELSE in History has faced. It is NOT against a Nation, or a people, but an IDEA.

An Idea that some Rich Spoiled Brat(s) with world dominance on their mind can hijack an entire nation, religion, and people to get their willies off killing thousands of innocent people in the richest and most successful nation on earth, and then sit back and gain MORE followers to his "cause" when he survives the attack by that "all powerful" country.

He cannot get the recruits, the kamikazes, the fanatics, unless he fans the flames with Anti-US hatred. There's enough hatred over there, he just has to channel it, like Hitler did to the German People with the Jews.

The problem was, Hitler did it from within a government, the Nazis WERE the government, and the people WILLINGLY followed him, joined his army, fought in his army and navy and air force by the millions in a war not much different in objectives and goals like any other war in history. SO we fought him in kind, and WON.

But this IS different, just like Korea/Vietnam was different from WWII. And we "Tied" in Korea and "lost" in Vietnam because we fought "different" wars the way we had in the past.

The only thing is this one is UNPRECEDENTED.

There is NO correct blueprint to do this, except we HAVE to come up with something new... old thinking will NOT work! In fact, bin Laden is COUNTING on us to react the way we always did, you don't think he WANTS us to Nuke him??? THAT COULD be the end of the ENTIRE world as we know it.

That would be the ABSOLUTE stupidist thing we could do. We HAVE to keep defining it down..against TERRORISM only. And terrorists do NOT represent the people. So the people by DEFINITION are not our enemy. So we have to PROVE this to the world, and you do that with Psyops. FEED THEM? That's the CHEAPEST way to get the message out NOW!

"Not be the world's policeman?" If not us, WHO then? "Don't spend ANY money on them, let them feed themselves?"

That is EXACTLY what got us in trouble MANY time's in History - Isolationism at it's best. You know what the cost of that has been? HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of American Military DEAD! And TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS of military spending on Wars that maybe COULD have been won alot more cheaply if we had NEVER listened to the Isolationists!!! A few million now in food MAY save us Billions in the future. May not, but we KNOW the alternative, dammit!!!!

But what really rails me is this:

WE are soldiers in this war. WE have a job to do.
And that is show the world we ARE different...that the USA means something MORE than force and might and money.

And to do this we have to control our attitudes, behavior through DISCIPLINE just like a "real" soldier. And go about our business, if just to show them they cannot disrupt our lives, our economy, or our freedoms no matter WHAT they do to us.

And I am scared. This petty arguing IS going to tear us apart. And WE for the most part all AGREE about most things!

What are we going to do if this DOES last longer than Vietnam?

And it COULD mean the end of the USA as we know it.

THAT'S why I defend the President now so much. WE ALL HAVE TO.

He IS the only one who knows EVERYTHING there is to know, and is prepared to make the right decisions to protect our nation.

We HAVE to trust him. We have no other choice. And he is the Constitutional CinC. And we would all die for that same Constitution, right?

Is he right?

Dunno right now. But we all soon will.

And DAN? You ARE so negative...all your scenarios are plausible, BUT...I can come up with JUST as many scenarios just as plausible from the other side, so they are worthless...

Like...Akned: Well we just kicked out the Russians, now we have to fight each other for control, right?

Mohammed: Yeah, but I think I'm going to fight on the side of the faction that has the best weapons and food for sure. I'm hungry and this Russian crap sucks.

Akned: Oh you mean the one that the Americans are supporting? I hear they are also feeding the civilians, maybe that's the best way for our families to survive the famine thats coming because we haven't planted anythin in ten years...

Mohammed: Yeah, and if they win, maybe they'll let us VOTE for a guy that will lead us, so we won't have corrupt masters like we had for thousands of years that keep us poor and expect us only to die for them.

Akned: And maybe there WILL be an end to this fighting, I can buy a tractor and feed my own family...wow, think of that, Mo!

That conversation COULD have happened in 1989-1992, IF we didn't "walk away" after the Russians left.

TELL me how what we did THEN isn't part of the reason we are here NOW.

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/13/01 7:11:01 pm)
OK, you guys changed my mind. It is our fault that there are so many poor counties, and our tax dollars should be supporting them.

Why don't we just send Osama and everyone else in the country a couple MRE's. That will make them not hate us. Probably should have dropped c-rations on the Japs instead of nukes. I wonder if the patriots who fought and won our independence from the British thought of throwing apples and bread at the redcoats instead of bullets. The least they could of done was send a couple boatloads of food to England to feed the kids who's fathers were fighting the colonists.

polishshooter
(10/13/01 8:18:13 pm)
Warpig, THINK what you are saying...

If the Redcoats would have done ANYTHING besides send over "the best army in the world to teach those Ruffians and uncouth GUERRILLAS a lesson..." " We are the most POWERFUL nation on earthm how DARE they..." If they let us VOTE on some taxes, send us cheap tea, and treat us like EQUALS there may never have BEEN a Revolutionary War... In other words, they DID exactly what you want to do in Afghanistan...and LOST.

We might STILL be British.

Only about 30% of "Americans" wanted Independence, 30% wanted to STAY British, the other 40% couldn't care less, UNTIL the British heavy handed methods and raids and burning their farms pissed them off...

If the British used GWs tactics...the "rebels" are a small minority, we will give food and aid and limited rule to the REST of you Americans who stay loyal, THEY are terrorists and the only ones we are after...it PROBABLY would have WORKED!!!

THEY did to us back then EXACTLY what you are proposing to do to Afghanistan.

You and other's have not obviously read the whole post, so I won't elaborate ( I KNOW, Thank God, right? )

But this is NOT a war against Afghanistan, and you guys CONTINUALLY make that mistake...

The Taliban and bin Laden are NOT Afghans, they are FOREIGNERS there. Most are ARABS. Afghans are Asians descended from Tamerlane and Ghengis Khan! Some "elite" Taliban Units do not even speak the Afghan LANGUAGE for God's sake!

And the first thing the Taliban did when they took control? DISARMED THE PEOPLE. And bragged that they were now a legitimate government because they brought "law and order(!)" to the people.

We have MORE in common with the true Afghan people than you realize...

And remember, if you listen CLOSELY to the news, NONE of those anti American protests you see number more than a few thousand people at a time...and MANY are traveling to other places so you see the SAME thousand all over the place tomorrow, kinda like our anti-war protesters that last year were all in Seattle protesting the WTO and next month will be somewhere protesting animal rights or something, and our media is lapping it up, making you think there is unrest in Pakistan. Trying to CREATE news.

Well, 250,000 were in the streets at ONE time supporting the US and the Pakistani Pres. last week, take it in balance.

The media is trying to stir up news, because they aren't getting enough info from the military or Bush...Ashleigh Banfield (MSNBC)had a couple of days ago a former Pakistani congressman or whatever they call them on and asked him: "President Bush said the air attacks would be short and sharp, but now they have lasted FOUR DAYS! (emphasis HERS) Do you think he LIED to you?"

The Pakistani (who by the way spoke better English than I do) looked at her like she was stupid and said "What is YOUR definition of short? I think anybody who knows anything about air campaigns would know it could mean a month or even a year."

I laughed because she DID look stupid, but almost puked because it was so OBVIOUS what she was trying to do!

Afghans burning food? With famine here NOW and Winter coming? And you BELIEVE it?

Those reports, if you were paying attention, were from the TALIBAN. What ELSE have they said you believe? Second, some DID fall on Taliban positions, and they have ORDERED the people to burn it (Except what THEY kept for themselves...)

I can't emphasize it enough, you CANNOT compare this war to other wars, the Afghans are NOT terrorists. They are NOT the same.

We are fighting TERRORISTS, and the GOVERNMENTS that support them.

Maybe in other places we will be fighting all the people because they support their government, but not here. It's an illigitimate government, and the people hate them as much as we do.

Geez, I need a beer or something, I get too fired up

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/13/01 8:53:37 pm)
Polish, I also get fired up and could go on and on. Lets just leave it at I am right and you are wrong.

Bob In St Louis
(10/13/01 9:00:24 pm)
Being familiar with their own insidious tactics, the people of Afghanistan probably believe we are lacing the food packets with poisin, or worse yet - pork products. Deviousness, laced with ignorance and fear, are their own worst enemy.
Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
(10/13/01 10:10:00 pm)
Now, Pig, Them's Fightin' Wurds!

(My wife tries to end arguments that way too...)

Pig, your ideas make alot of sense, if it was 60 or more years ago, pre-nuke, or immediate post nuke when all that had 'em were us and Russia.

Plus when "terrorists" killed 200 or less, and mostly foreigners, so we could "ignore" them, and when most nations that screwed with us had infrastructure, industry, and tanks and ships and planes they were nice enough to let us destroy.

This IS different.

Just alisten and alearn...

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/13/01 10:23:40 pm)
I'm alisten'n, but I ain't sayin I'me alearnin.

HerbyJr
V.I.P. Member
(10/14/01 11:31:34 am)
Pig, you are just being crabby.

Seriously though, you can't draw valid comparisons between war tactics used in revolutionary times and the tactics used today.

We are now dealing with the entire world because of the speed at which information (and military forces) travels. When we first figured out who was responsible for the hijackings, I thought we should just leave a charred black hole where Afghanistan is. Now I tend to believe we should be jus a LITTLE more cautious.

The Afghan people can't overthrow the Taliban. The people are extremely poor. They have rocks and sticks while the Taliban has...no strike that...HAD a decent military force. Maybe we can help these people get a leg up on their corrupt gov't. If there is any chance that we can seperate the good guys from the bad guys over there, we need to do so.

Aside from that, I support Bush. I won't jump ship just because I don't imeadiately and fully understand his decisions. Liberals/socialists flutter in the wind jumping from side to side based on how they FEEL that morning. Not me. Bush is the leader I elected and he is the leader of the free world. Until I see he has REALLY screwed up. He has my support.

H.

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/14/01 11:54:49 am)
CRABBY, say...I know what's good for that social disorder...Mrs. O'mealias Blue ointment will do wonders. If that don't work then try the ole German submariners cure...pour gasoline on it but do not light it off.

Of course you should put a wooden stick between your teeth with such drastic cures. Now, don't go asking me where submariners get gasoline or wooden sticks.

GG

17th FA Bn
V.I.P. Member
(10/14/01 1:47:51 pm)
I agree with polish, we are at war with the terrorist, and their supporters, not the Afghan people. They are not one and the same. Probably 90=% of them just want to live, and don't care who rules them as long as they are left alone.

My big worry is that the terrorist get hold of some of our aid food and poison it. Then they blame us for the resulting death and injury.

Those who have a burning hatred for the U.S. probably cannot be changed. But those in the middle could be swayed by food. On the other hand those in the middle could be swayed against us if we used indiscriminate carpet bombing techniques. Imagane you are a poor Afghan farmer just trying to survive, and you are given food. Imagane on the other hand you are a that same farmer and the U.S. blows up your hut while you are out working, and kills your baby girl, and maims your wife and son?

Edited by: 17th FA Bn at: 10/14/01 2:54:52 pm

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/14/01 6:31:13 pm)
I am not saying we are at war with the people. i realize we are at war with the terrorists. What I have a problem with is the USA supporting every population that cannot support itself. I am talking about all the foriegn aid that goes out of this country. I do not think we should be providing this kind of help for anyone. I spent 18 months in Korea in the Army in the early 90's. I came away from there with the knowledge that the majority of the Korean people did not want us or our "help". It is a huge waste of money in my opinion. Let NATO or some other worldwide organization feed the starving peoples of the world. I don't think we should be feeding them. We need to take care of our own people and our own problems in our own country. I do see where seeding the starving masses in question MIGHT help our cause but I doubt it.

I am not crabby, just anti-social.

Xracer
(10/14/01 7:16:39 pm)
Perhaps some of you should read a little history of the Marshall Plan.....it made a hell of a difference in the world after WWII.

usinfo.state.gov/usa/info...rac/57.htm

polishshooter
(10/14/01 7:43:56 pm)
Bingo, X...

Foriegn Aid REALLY is pocket change...and it DOES buy security SOMETIMES, granted not all the time. And yeah, there's LOTS of waste, LOT'S of times where "they bit the hand feeding it."

But then again, there were LOTS of times it worked...

Remember, there's a good argument that ONE of the reasons the Taliban is in power in the FIRST place is that we did just like you want, Pig, after the mujahideen kicked out the Russians, cut and run, pulled ALL aid...

Maybe, just MAYBE, a little aid, both food AND military, and support to ONE of the many factions that was moderate and sane THEN and maybe we aren't spending $20 Million a DAY to bomb them now, much less still have the WTC and the Pentagon intact...

You can't argue, that if so, it'd been worth it...

And we HAVE pulled back and left the world to it's own devices, and tried to let everybody else alone while we just "took care of our own."

That was at the end of WWI.

And it led DIRECTLY to WWII.

Go back and research EXACTLY what isolationism got us in the past...your ideas are NOT new, they're as old as the Republic.

And still just as wrong now as at any time in the past.

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 10:52:50 am)
The Marshall Plan was after the war. Not during it. The Japanese Governm never mind I ain't agoing no further on this.

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 11:37:13 am)
Now I am done with it.

I'm a Bad American-this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid-level governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.

I don't care about appearing compassionate.

I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a killer.

I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might.

I think I'm doing better than the homeless.

I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.

I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations.

I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa. But if you want to that's fine; I just don't feel like everyone else should have to.

I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English.

As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry butt if you're running from them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word 'freeze' or 'stop' in English, see the previous line.

I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for unpopular opinions or actions.

I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.

I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word "is" - ever.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any thing else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't afford it.

I didn't take the! initiative in inventing the Internet.

I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.

I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.

I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped atm a red light. But I respect your right to.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.

I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite or fat-free on the package.

Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said - now leave the
document alone, or there's going to be trouble.

I don't hate the rich. I help the poor. I know wrestling is fake.

I've never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots - and remember, tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too - it was wrong for every one of them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.

I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. (Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.)

I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being that I do as a white male. If someone kills anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime.

We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.

I think turkey bacon, turkey beef, turkey fake anything sucks.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child-it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say! "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.

I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller.

I didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.

I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right.

I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.

Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American. But that's tough

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 12:08:49 pm)
Warpig, I salute you and you're American values.

(salute)

Gunguy

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 12:14:06 pm)

MO JENKINS
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 12:32:38 pm)
| Edit | Del AMERICA, LISTEN UP!
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE, YOU'RE AT WAR NOW, LIKE IT OR NOT! NOW FALL INTO FORMATION AND CLEAR ALL THAT OTHER SH!T RIGHT OUT OF YOUR BRAIN! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, SHUT UP AND GET THE H3LL OUT OF THE WAY OR WE'll MARCH RIGHT OVER YOUR SORRY BUTT TOO!

polishshooter
(10/15/01 12:35:51 pm)
Pig, I went through EACH and every one of them with a fine tooth comb, and can't find ONE that I'm close to disagreeing with.

So WHY the hell are we ARGUEING?

I would also add a few more though...

That I believe in a STRONG National Defense, even in times of peace. And this may be the ONLY thing we really NEED a Government for...

And that "National Defense" means more than the military, it means a STRONG, PRINCIPLED and CLEAR Foreign Policy that keeps us ENGAGED, not isolationist, and MAY include "Foreign Aid."

And that our President is elected MAINLY for that. and to ENFORCE our laws. It's NOT "The Economy, Stupid..."

And I believe in Free Enterprise without reservation, and that DECREASING taxes RAISE revenue and productivity and makes EVERYONE a little wealthier...

Back to the topic of this thread...

Bush's plan to feed the Afghan Children is NOT based on "foriegn aid," "Tax Dollars," or any "program."

It's charity. Donations. The way it OUGHTA be. Even for "Our" poor people on welfare...

During the Depression, we had MANY "poorer" people than we have now. What did they do?

Whatever they COULD to get by work-wise, and depended on FAMILY, FRIENDS and their CHURCH when they couldn't.

Maybe I TOO am a bad American, but if you have cut ties or for whatever reason have no connection with sympathetic or caring FAMILY, have developed no close FREINDSHIPS with people that could help and you in turn could help THEM when they need it, don't belong to a CHURCH that would have MANY charitable groups affiliated with it that you are supposed to support when you can, and in turn, will support YOU when you need it, AND are too damn lazy or prideful to flip burgers, clean toilets, or do whatever menial jobs there are ALWAYS available to feed your family, maybe you SHOULD starve...

Instead, we create socialist feel good Government Programs that REWARD people for forsaking friends, family, churches, parenthood, and WORK.

If you are disabled in government service, fine, we'll support you.

If you are disabled, and unable to work, MAYBE we should HELP a little, but only in what "friends, family, and charity" can't help...

BUT, "disabled people" did NOT starve even 60 years ago, BEFORE Social Security or welfare.

And nobody was "entitled" to "retire" before Social Security, either, unless they had PLANNED and SAVED for it...

Call me "mean spirited..." if you must, but I think I AM being compassionate.

Edited by: polishshooter at: 10/15/01 1:42:31 pm

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 12:53:46 pm)
Polish, this is called a hair pulling yell AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. If I could get it figured out I would post it. I can do pics but not wavs

Anyway, I think we could probably chalk this one up to you being compassionate and me being grumpy and the feeling that we constantly give,give,give and get back hatred.

edit to add link. It looks like the girls over on the dark side are discussing this also.

forums.forthehunt.com/ubb...09272.html

Edited by: warpig883 at: 10/15/01 3:11:04 pm

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 2:26:09 pm)
Did you guys forget the minorities welfare mommies that pop out one kid after another by multi fathered dead beat dads (in an unmarried state) so they can build up their welfare checks. Thus creating a vanguard of potential criminals for tomarrows society. The jails are filling up because of it.

Don't mind me, I'm a blithering idiot too.

Gunguy

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 2:47:10 pm)
Nope I ain't forgot em. But I am trying to be compassionate

polishshooter
(10/15/01 3:06:52 pm)
Hey Pig, I went over there and checked (Gosh, do I feel so....so...DIRTY ) and if I must say, WE are doing a MUCH better and thought out job over here than they are!

Heck we are on page 2 already and haven't had ONE "You still suck" comment like they had in like the 4th or 5th post!

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 3:22:50 pm)
Think I'll go over there and stir them up
No need to feel dirty, we are in a better place now but spy missions are authorized. After all I am positive our messages are being monitered by them.

Edited by: warpig883 at: 10/15/01 4:30:52 pm

gpostal
(10/15/01 4:18:05 pm)
warpig I agreed with everything but this

"I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it."

ok sex
drunk sex
nasty sex
grudge sex
new sex
old sex
and the best

make up sex

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 4:43:51 pm)
make up sex? I guess you might have to explain that one to me. Go ahead I am bracing myself for it.

280freak
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 4:54:26 pm)
Warpig -

You know, like after a quarrel with yer sweetie and yer kissin' and makin' up, it's the sex that follows, long regarded as the best, most passionate kind. Heck, sometimes I'll pick a fight with Margie just for the makeup sex!

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 4:58:45 pm)
OK, I am off to start a fight. Don't forget drunken wild anything goes sex.

gpostal
(10/15/01 5:16:57 pm)
warpig that's kinda like make up sex especially if she was wrong

17th FA Bn
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 7:10:20 pm)
| Edit | Del Types of sex!
Don't forget charity mission sex, for that girl who's just a friend and not very attractive but realy needs some action. This often crosses over into drunken sex. I am a "firm" beliver in charity.

Are we way off the subject?

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 8:34:53 pm)
| Edit | Del Re: Types of sex!
So there is makeup sex when she was wrong and make up sex when you were wrong. How do you ever get a woman to admit she is wrong?

gpostal
(10/15/01 8:59:04 pm)
she will never admit it ,but you will be able to tell during sex she was wrong

only in America can we go from feeding starving people to sex ,gotta love this country
gpostal..there can be only one

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 9:19:36 pm)
Starving people got to have sex to. If they have the energy Course with all them MRE's we are dropping them there will probably be a population explosion in Afgan land in about 9 months.

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/15/01 9:28:23 pm)
Drop 'em some condoms, maybe it'll slow down their growth in their religious fanatics...but I seriously doubt it.
They'll just get a lot more of those foreign outside muslim wackos infiltrating their splendid county.

GG

polishshooter
(10/15/01 11:35:01 pm)
Then there's Taliban "surprise" sex.

No matter HOW much you drink, that blue head to toe veil with the one-way screen in front ain't looking any better... IF they were to get it home and pull off the veil...SURPRISE!

Especially if a Green Beret is under there...

twins
V.I.P. Member
(10/16/01 12:42:55 am)
| Edit | Del lets give money to afghan children
DAMN, that's it polish, put some shorter guys loaded to the hilt with guns and explosives in dresses and vails and and have do some nasty guerilla warfare. YOU ARE A GENIUS. Better than Wyle E. Coyote any day.

I wonder if any big dogs thought of that? Think of all the clandestine things that could be accomplished!

polishshooter
(10/16/01 9:35:02 am)
I heard the Taliban is already rousting and searching women in public, for this same reason, so it's been thought of already...

BUT that tells me it's been tried already, and it WOULD at least buy a little time and indecision in a quick close assault, the Taliban would think the WOMEN were revolting when the MP5s come whipping out under the veils...and not know WHO to shoot...

Much less that the Taliwhackers now have to look over their shoulders at EVERY veil they see...one more thing to lose sleep over...

Plus it has been suggested that Trash Bin and his buddies already move around under one so as not to be seen, kinda fitting, the cowardly slugs dressing as a woman who they DESPISE...
It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of the deed could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming, who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows the great enthusiasms and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. -Theodore Roosevelt 1898 I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

AGunguy
V.I.P. Member
(10/16/01 10:53:45 am)
It would be easy to the trained military personnel to detect wether a man or a woman is under all that head to toe vail crap, merely sniff the individua and if it smells like fish then its a fraulin, if it smells like sheep its either BG or Osama Bin Laden.

Don't shoot BG, he likes to caper about once in awhile with the flock.

Gunguy

gpostal
(10/16/01 11:03:10 am)
they all smell like Shiite ,to me

I could smell their house from about fifteen feet ,when delivering their mail ,that's worse than houses with a bad cat or dog smell

I knew I had to eat lunch before I got to there houses

----------------------------------------------------

I once delivered a letter to a house ,the letter was from Pakistan ,but it had a different name on it ,I caught the old lady out getting in her car and asked {very nicely I thought} was this name correct to the address ,she turns and yells YES "RAQFOOT"RAQFOOT"
as I walked away I thought "raghead,raghead" ,that out to be easy to remember

that smell should be outlawed

polishshooter
(10/16/01 2:03:11 pm)
GP, that probably WAS a bad cat smell.

I think if they let them age a little after they skin them they are more tender in the stew.
It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of the deed could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming, who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows the great enthusiasms and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly. His place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. -Theodore Roosevelt 1898 I'm so PROUD to be an AMERICAN...

LIKTOSHOOT
(10/16/01 4:26:58 pm)
Send those little kids a tootsie roll and some red Kool-Aid, promote tooth decay.............
America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

warpig883
V.I.P. Member
(10/16/01 8:05:30 pm)
ROFLMAO LTS. Everything they eat already has sand in it. Nice and abrasive should keep everything clean.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.