The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guess that tells you where I stand.
I retired just over a year ago; not because I was tired of working, but working was cutting into my shooting time. I shoot just about everything, some better than than the other. I don't hunt however. Not against it but I just prefer building / customizing my firearms, hand loading (ya like I have any primers either) and target shooting.
The Avatar pic is an awesome AMT Automag III 30 Carbine. I like to load it with really slow burning IMR4198 to get that huge flame.
Below is a retirement gift from my wife - she's a keeper (wife and the Glock). I sent in a stripped Glock 17 frame to the The Glock Store, had them install and tune everything I picked from their GS inventory. Took 26 weeks to get it. I've already swapped out the GS barrel with a beautiful Ported Jarvis Custom barrel. Still breaking it in, but so far it's a great little shooter.

Air gun Trigger Toy Gun barrel Gun accessory

This month's build is a Aero Precision LR-308. Slowest shipping company ever, but I'm digging the quality of their parts. Bought their M5 Stripped lower from a local shop and a Complete Upper and BCG direct from AP. Already built the lower with AP internals and a sweet 2.5lbs CMC flat face trigger. Everything is in FDE and topping it off with a Monstrum 4-16X44 glass.

Looking forward to learning a bunch from all of you - Thanks for having me!

Michael

·
Registered
12,049 Posts
That avatar pic is the original advertisement photo for the '71 Duster 340. It looked just like mine but mine had a Six Pak induction sitting on top of a strong running 340 engine. It would pass everything but a gas station :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts