The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
41,340 Posts
The only revolver I have fired lately was a Ruger Vaquero. I have had it for about a year but the first time I shot it was last week. Here is a picture of the first five rounds I ever fired through it, I was firing at 15 yards. If I go shooting next week, I need to take my Dan Wesson .357 out for some exercise!

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
No pics but I tested some .44 spl & mag reloads thru my Super Redhawk last WE at 25yds... mostly 1" groups with very few hangers. Fired off a bag rest with scope. I'll go out to 50 yds next to magnify my flaws.

·
Registered
17,280 Posts
This is my favorite "group".

Normally, when I do a perfect shot (and it has happened a few times) I continue to shoot, and shoot lousy, which ruins the effect of the "perfect shot". This was the first time I had ever shot that gun - first shot I'd ever put downrange.

This other one is my daughter, when I was visiting over Christmas. Only the second time she'd ever fired that gun, and the first time in eleven years.

Edit: both groups - mine and hers - shot offhand. Hers at 25 feet. Mine at 40.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Charter Arms Bull Dog .44 spcl. DAO, 25 feet, free hand, 240 grain RNFP. The low hit makes it about a 3" group.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Carver,

I recognize that "low hit"................someone jerked the trigger!!!:):);)

Been there; Done that.........

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Carver,

I recognize that "low hit"................someone jerked the trigger!!!:):);)

Been there; Done that.........
Yeah, that DAO is hard to control when trying to shoot tight groups! The recoil in that little gun don't help either!

·
Registered
142 Posts
An old BD or one of the new? Mine is over 30 years old & I've wondered about the redos. I notice they offer adjustable sights now.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
An old BD or one of the new? Mine is over 30 years old & I've wondered about the redos. I notice they offer adjustable sights now.
The one I have now is a new DAO. I bought it as a carry gun, and didn't want the hammer to get in the way. I had an older model that I bought back in the mid '80's that I loved. Some sob stole it out of my truck one night. With that pistol, and Winchester Silver Tips, I could bust pony bottles at 35 yards, every shot. I sure miss that gun. I'm thinking about buying another with the hammer on it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
8 shot 357 magnum S&W model 627 Performance Center with 357 Magnum 158 grain Fiocchi Extrema JHP-XTP and 357 Magnum 142 grain Fiocchi truncated FMJ at 14 yards:

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGy_mVNOQuc

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Well these are from this summer and surely leave room for improvement but as much as I would like to do better this seems my limit most days. The Model 25 was shot at 25 yards and the Model 14 was shot at 50 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
All the above, some mighty fine shootin' !

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
mesinge2 ain't been around.....
I miss him, and his videos.

[and da boy can shoot !]

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Smith & Wesson 586 DCM .357 MAG sight in off the bench at 25 yards.
After I'd bought the gun, for whatever reason, I had a terrible time
getting the feel of it.
I have the Blued 586 DCM with the 8 & 3/8" barrel and didn't have much
problems. Took a while to get used to the 6" for whatever reason.

Ended up taking a "smaller" buck with it during gun season last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Smith & Wesson 586 DCM .357 MAG sight in off the bench at 25 yards.
After I'd bought the gun, for whatever reason, I had a terrible time
getting the feel of it.
I have the Blued 586 DCM with the 8 & 3/8" barrel and didn't have much
problems. Took a while to get used to the 6" for whatever reason.

Ended up taking a "smaller" buck with it during gun season last year.
Nice job on the buck. How far out was he?

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Dale, that is an absolutely beautiful NICKLE (I love nickle) Smith. The 8 and 3/8 inch is at the top of my wish list, either 586 or 686. Love those Smith revolvers.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I just realized I aint got no pics of my 686 on here yet or the groups I can shoot with it. I guess a short range visit is in order..

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Josh, I have seen the results of your shooting and it makes me embarrassed to even post my efforts, ha. But you do show me what is possible, ha. Every time I see a Smith at the show with those Silhouette sights I think of you.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Nice job on the buck. How far out was he?
Actually I was hunting on another guys property (with permission) and a guy way off shot at one with a 20ga and missed it.
About 15-20mins later, here came this small racked 9pt and was in a hurry.

He came down over a slight bank at what I figured was 30-35yds and made a good double lung shot on him right behind his front shoulder. Ended up firing four more rounds as he ran with 3 more finding their mark and one hitting in a tree that was between the buck and me as he ran all of about 50 or so yards.
Dale, that is an absolutely beautiful NICKLE (I love nickle) Smith. The 8 and 3/8 inch is at the top of my wish list, either 586 or 686. Love those Smith revolvers.
Thanks Todd.
Love those Smith's and just cant beat the Trigger-Hammer action on them as well! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts