Leupold Scopesmith

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (5/25/02 7:56:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    Boresighter?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is a "Scopesmith"?

Leupold? IB said he had one.
    Please explain its use and just
    how it is applied to a 22 rifle...
    Thank You.
    Charlie D
    I appreciate it.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/25/02 8:31:25 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Boresighter?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ScopeSmith is Leupold's accessory product line. They market a 'magnetic boresighter' under the ScopeSmith name. It attaches to the muzzle by means of a magnet and does not need the typical spuds.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (5/25/02 9:05:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Boresighter?
    Yep.

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/25/02 9:06:15 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    AntiqueDr - I know how a bore sight dealy bobby works (forgive me I'm not into technical tonight) since that's what we did with the 7mm-08 but is the magnetized one any good? And if so what do they run?

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/25/02 9:36:42 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    They're being sold for around $50. I see no reason why it wouldn't work, although I am still using the old-fashioned collimator.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

gpostal
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/25/02 10:47:39 pm)
    im still stuck with the ,shoot-adjust ,shoot-adjust method
    i should have got the laser bore sighter for x-mas ,but it wouldn't work in .22

shooter45 us
    *TFF Chief Of Staff*
    (5/26/02 5:44:15 am)
    GP, about all any boresighter will do is get the bullet on paper at 100 yds. IMHO, any boresighter will get the job done. Much faster than shoot, adj., shoot, or removing the bolt and sighting thru the barrel. I agree with AD, I trust the old way better, although the magnetic version works too.

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/28/02 11:05:02 pm)
    I got a laser boresighter from Cabela's for Christmas...works slicker than snot on a doorknob. Simple to use and has enough settings for any caliber made...even my 6.5 swede.
    Generally puts them on the paper within 3" at 100 yards.
    Just my results. swede
    Wyoming Swede