lever actions

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/15/03 9:31:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All lever actions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok guys, most of my time and energy is spent in C&R's , but lately I've been thinking a nice lever action would be fun too.
    So my question is does Rossi still make them? I heard Taurus took them over, but I don't see any lever actions on Taurus' website. I think they will be more in my price range than the Winchester trails end model.

Also does anyone know if any of the maufactures still amke a nice lever action in 32-20 or 25-20?

Thanks,
    MM454
    Visit my Antique Rifles Web page
    www.angelfire.com/theforce/mauserman454

whiskey101
    (1/15/03 9:56:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: lever actions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rossi...doesn't seem so.

Check these links
    www.gunblast.com/Legacy_454.htm
    www.leverguns.com/
    www.rossiusa.com/
    ***** NOTE: The above statement is my opinion; please feel free to share it. However, it is not meant as a required replacement for your opinion. If you do not agree with my opinion, form your own. *****

So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street.

Edited by: whiskey101 at: 1/15/03 10:07:13 pm

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 5:15:13 am)
    Heard / read terrible things about Rossi revolver production 20yrs ago and never looked at them again - have the improved their quality?

Rich

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/17/03 9:48:57 am)
    Looking thru Gun Digest 2003, I don't see any.

I see a bunch in .44-40, and a couple in .45-70, but nothing in .32-20 or .25-20.

However, this site www.muleheadsguns.com/ube...ifles.html lists some Uberti made copies of the 1886 Rifle and Carbine and the 1873 Lever Actions in .32-20.

Here's some more info on the '73: www2.uberti.com/products/...rting.html

Also, EMF makes a '73 reproduction in .32-20: www.emf-company.com/1873-...-rifle.htm

No joy on finding anything new in a lever action .25-20, though.

mauserman454
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/17/03 12:31:09 pm)
    Thanks for the info guys, I'm going to go down to the local shop and see if ha can get me one of the 73 reproductions, they are really nice looking.

Thanks
    MM454
    Visit my Antique Rifles Web page
    www.angelfire.com/theforce/mauserman454

gscrasher
    (2/17/03 9:04:44 pm)
    Regarding lever guns, Model '92 and .32-20. I just bought a
    new production Winchester Model 1992 in .32-20 for $900 and change from Cabela's. It is marked 1 in 500. Supposedly, 500 of each caliber 32-20, 45 Colt and 44-40 are being built. The only modern touch is the rebounding hammer and tang mounted sliding safety. Oh well. It is made by Hiroku, as are many/most Winchesters. Very high quality. Shoots great.
    (I hope there are some left. I attempted my first post about this last week, but for some reason it didn't show up.)

If you want one, you should act fast!

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/18/03 9:36:53 am)
    Hi gscrasher......welcome to TFF.

Thanks for the info.

2. mutt

mutt Guest

I recently bought a EMF Rossi copy of the '92 Winchester leveraction. .357/.38sp. Bought 500 rounds of sjspfp Mag Tec .357. Together they are lovers. My rifle is made in Brazil and sold here by EMF . 389.00 I believe 3 months ago. 20 in brl. blue with c/h reciever . Beautiful . And shoots very well. Fantistic trigger right out of the box, Haven't had to do anything to it so far. Just use it. Mutt

3. Mutt, the Rossi guns are pretty damn good these days, I agree. They are now made in Brazil by Taurus. I have a Rossi revolver in .38 Special and I can't see any real difference in quality between it and those made by S&W.

4. mutt

mutt Guest

Pistol Shooter , I agree. I like the Emf copy best . No dumb lawyer safety. Fitted very well, blue and C/H looks great , cresent butt is FINE . and like I said it handles smoothly.Best trigger I've pulled out side a hand gun in a long time. And the price on the '92 seems more that fair to me. ...........MUTT

5. wolfgang2000

wolfgang2000 Guest

I still prefer Marlin. I and my wife have 1894's in 357mag. It is a really fun gun to shoot. and I have a thing for rifle pistol combo's.

6. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I have a Marlin Model 1894 in .44 Rem Mag and love it. It is a perfect companion to my Smith 629!! Also have used a .30-30 for years dear hunting.

7. mutt

mutt Guest

My wife wife owns a Marllin '94 in .357. Just like one I had stolen. Both are very good guns.( they were , are before the safety craze ) I also own a Marlin cowboy oct 24 in barrel .45 Colt. And My wife bought me a good used 336 .30.30 Marlin at the gun show for this past Christmas. And it two turnd out to be a great firearm. But as I said , the Rossi .357 from EMF fits the price and sure nuff ' the quality , plus beauty. Mag-Tec sjspfp does very well in both .357 rifles........Heck I love'em all !--------------MUTT :D

8. Peanut Man

Peanut Man Guest

I like my Marlin 336 in .35 Rem. It's the lever equivalent of the 1911 .45...

Shoots a "flying ashtray" big ol' hunk of lead.......

Peanut Man