The Firearms Forum banner

LEVERevolution by Hornady

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JohnK3 
#1 ·
I was looking at the MidwayUSA flyer (I get the new ones in a sneak preview as a previoius customer) and got to thinking about the 7.5 Swiss and Hornady's special run. (I'm planning on buying a K31 soon, if SWMBO will let go of the money for one.) Didn't see any on the Midway site, so I headed over to www.hornady.com and found that, lo and behold, their front page has information about a new technology that I'm just dying to try out!

Seems they've created a spire-point bullet that won't chain-fire in a tubular magazine. Instead of a hard polymer tip, they've created a flexible polymer tip that holds up when you fire the rifle. Gives quite a bit more fps on the 160gr round compared to what I've been seeing out of my 150gr handloads! Bullet shoots flatter, hits harder at 200yds to 300 yds, all in all, seems to be an all-around winner for the levergun shooter!

Not only do they have it in .30-30 WCF and .35 Remington, but they'll be producing it in .444 Marlin, .450 Marlin and .45-70, as well!

Wee-doggies! I can't wait until they release the bullets by themselves to the public, so I can work up some handloads!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.