The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Gary's in Columbus, MS today to check things out and maybe spend some - didn't, but was tempted. The only thing they were short of was .22lr - 1 box per customer rationing. Some ammo was actually cheaper than a few months back. Plenty of common center fire calibers (.45, 9mm, .380, .223, 7.62, etc - even some good prices on .41 mag 210gr Fusion), shotgun in all gages and pellet sizes, including slugs.

Had a whole rack full of scary black guns, mostly Colt AR's in 5.56 and some M-14 clones in .308. Prices were $1600 and up.

Also a large variety of HD shotguns - Bennilli, Mossberg, Remington, and others, pumps, SA's, doubles. No shortage of hunting rifles and shotties. Full cases of handguns - pretty much anything you'd want. Prices again are up $100 or so over 6 months ago.

Not many folks in the store, even at lunch time.

Things are getting better. Now if the prices can be dragged down, I'd be a happy camper. :D

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
So, how about picking me up a case of 223 and shipping it to me? :)

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
Just checked the huge Wal-Mart in Clarksville, TN - home of the 101st Airborn.

A sign on the ammo case described the three box limit per customer per day.

Inside the case, I sought my calibers; 9mm, .45ACP, .38 Special, .44 mag, .38 S&W -

None of any in stock. the ONLY thing I saw was rifle and shotgun sizes -

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
I went to a store last week that had a decent amount of everything, even .22 and .223. I was surprised that he had so much in stock.

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
Just to clarify, I know where to buy plenty 223 at inflated prices, I just refuse to pay them. I will wait.

·
Premium Member
19,860 Posts
I will keep my eye open for more 223 for you Double D. We had 1900 rounds and sold them to a member that lives around here. I know they had cases of them at our LGD but a limit of 10 boxes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts