Like Merle Haggard said

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 8:30:58 pm)
    Like Merle Haggard said
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "When they're running down my country they're walking on the fightin side of me"

god bless the USA
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 9:03:17 pm)
    Reply Awe!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDhunter
    (1/1/03 3:26:34 pm)
    Reply Re: Like Merle Haggard said
    Looks like someone's piss drunk! It's only 8:30pm. Let me guess, boonesfarm or mogan david? Whatever it is you can guarantee that opening the bottle requires a lot of twisting and no pulling.

Edited by: SDhunter at: 1/1/03 3:28:47 pm

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 4:39:32 pm)
    Reply Dam...
    Warpig, Ya got any new relatives that recently joined the forum. Seems like a friendly kind of person. got a natural talent fer makin' new friends....it might be the pillsbury doughboy passin' gas...Whatcha think...

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 5:37:28 pm)
    Reply Re: Like Merle Haggard said
    PIG, I concur. I think some are missing the point but I did NOT!! I for one am getting pretty sick and tired of hearing that damn near everything is the fault of Geo. W. Bush and or the U.S.A. And it shows up here from time to time. If anyone thinks there is a better place to live, or there are better people than AMERICANS, they are free to leave. Just one more reason that makes this country NUMBER ONE!
    And please do not give me the old "freedom of speech" crap. I know about that. If you think I don't, take a shot.

CHECK THIS OUT,,,,I did not write it but I agree with the author......And may God bless all our people in uniform, past, present, and future.....IB the serious

I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands.

He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war.

He stands tough, with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and disgust and tells us this...

I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it. I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and you stay at home because it rains.

I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people.

It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It's the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

SDhunter
    (1/1/03 6:22:57 pm)
    Reply Re: Dam...
    You're right, I'm warpig's younger brother, Jeff. I'm from Pierre, SD and I just so happen to know my brother's taste for the, shall we say, fine bottom shelf wines. As for myself? When I did drink, I liked to bark at the moon like a rabid wolf so I enjoyed a nice chilled glass of the mad dog 20/20, shaken not stirred of course. But after a bottle of that stuff, we liked to get out the 4 wheel drives and the shotguns, crank up the Hank in the cheap Kraco cassette deck and raise a lot of hell. So now I drink coffee. It's a good thing.

I've been lurking for a while and finally figured out how to register with the ez-board, what a pain in my ass. I was a member of the BrandX forum but it seems they didn't like my sence of humor and decided to bannish me. Warpig told me about the forum and here I am. BrandX people were a bunch of lame asses.

You'll see me quite a little so get used to my name.

Talk to ya later.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 6:35:23 pm)
    Reply Well hey there...
    I remembered I also had one of them Kraco's. Can't remember if it was an 8-Track or cassette though...Remember drivin' out through Indiana to get to Kankakee,Illinois(put up buildings there for Carter Lumber) jam'in to Aeromiths "Train Kept Rollin"(havin' flashbacks)...Hey SD what was your handle over at GB?...

SDhunter
    (1/1/03 6:38:34 pm)
    Reply Re: Well hey there...
    If I told you my handle I'd have to kill ya.

ysacres
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 6:48:21 pm)
    Reply Re: Well hey there...
    Welcome SDhunter

Banned from GB.......
    wiseacre

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 6:52:59 pm)
    Reply Hey!
    Well sheeet son, the brain is already there. Go on ahead and let me know, I won't tell anyone (just whisper)...

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 7:11:07 pm)
    Reply Hey!
    Where'd my new best friend go...?....

cointoss 2
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/1/03 8:32:28 pm)
    Re: Hey!
    Well bust my buttons welcome SD; pss t tell us more about Piggy. Is it true he has a pin up of ol Janet Reno hangin in the closet?:
    cointoss2

SDhunter
    (1/1/03 8:56:38 pm)
    Reply Re: Hey!
    He has an autographed picture of Janet Reno hanging on his bedroom wall. It has all kinds of funny stains on it.

No, we're about at conservative as it gets. I can't believe he posted that post on Iraq. That's the post that prompted me to register for this forum. He needs a good kick to nuts every now and then.

Jeff

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/1/03 9:09:52 pm)
    Welcome, SDhunter. Any ken of piggy is a friend of ours for sure.

Big deal, ya got banned. I've been banned about half dozen times from various forums. Don't really know why these folks put up with me here. There has been a couple of barrels put int Pump House saloon for members to contribute tar and feathers...think they are going to give me a surpise party one of these days.

Does your brother have a full length autographed picture of ole dubya on his wall too.

Gunguy

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/1/03 10:17:54 pm)
    Dang, I might have to move out. All the rif-raf is showing up

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/1/03 10:41:52 pm)
    Hey sdhunter and Piggy, you make the second brother group. Man, you know how much grief us four could have done on Brand X before we all got the big boot, if we could have gotten together back then.

Welcome hunter!

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/1/03 11:11:28 pm)
    shooter22 we sure could

It was that $6.00 bottle of Merlot that got me started. And there weren't no twisting. Like I said earlier it had a cork

So Jeff, you think we should be the world's police?

I don't see where they are threatening the US. I did agree with the first invasion of Iraq due to them invading Kuwait. Where the world messed up bad is letting Iraq off the hook then after they were run out of Kuwait. Iraq basically got their hand slapped and were told to behave. Now years later we have decided to take it further. I say no second chance, we should have done it the first time or not at all. I do agree that Hussien is a loser who derserves to be taken care of. But I don't see a reason for the USA to do it.

There are probably a hundred leaders that could be made to look bad and give a reason to fight. Look at Somalia- if there was ever a case of a nation that needs help it is that one, and others in Africa as well. And what about North Korea? they openly flaunt their weapons of mass destruction next door to a country that we are providing crucial military protection for, and we do NOTHING. But Iraq just happens to have lots of oil and can make a huge impact on the world economy with it.

Of course I am also of a mind the we should not have ANY troops stationed outside the US. I would never be elected to high public office as I would not even have a foreign policy.

I need to also that if we do end up at war with Iraq then we should give the soldiers EVERYTHING they need in the way of equipment and support. And we should squash the enemy without mercy. No half ass stuff like the first time. If a job is worth doing then it should be done well.
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss. Edited by: warpig883 at: 1/1/03 11:24:05 pm

SDhunter
    (1/1/03 11:58:49 pm)
    I don't think that we should be the world's police or send troops all over the world for every little scurmish, just for things like this Iraq deal.

If we want peace in this world then the United States needs to step up to the plate and be a major leader. I think most of the countries of the UN are a bunch of pussies.

"The truly and deliberately evil men are a small, very, very small minority. It is the appeaser who unleashes the evil men on mankind. It is the appeasers' intellectual abdication that invites the evil to take over.

When a culture's dominant trend is geared to irrationality, the thugs win over the appeasers. When intellectual leaders fail to foster the best in the mixed, unformed vacillating character of people at large, the thugs are sure to bring out the worst. When the ablest men turn into cowards, the average men turn into brutes."

--Ayn Rand

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/2/03 2:37:05 am)
    SDhunter
    Welcome (I guess) I am one of the
    Quote:
    lame asses

from GB. I have been there since they started and it's real
    generous to of you to lump all our lame asses into one pile.
    It's the largest auction site on the web for the stuff that I need to sell since the PRC made it impossible to continue
    the gun business there.
    Life is not:easy, fair or cheap and sometimes bad things happen to good people..:)

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/2/03 9:02:41 pm)
    Reply Re: SDhunter
    Teehee, I think he didn't really want to include the group as a whole. He may have said that statement to keep from naming names. There is quite a few there that really dump on a person if they don't like your posts, or opinion. It seams you almost have to go through a background check by the dictator and his loyal minions to get a posting pass. We know that you have been there from the start. I also never have seen you partake in any of their hazing practices. There are good people there,and there are bad people there.

Remember, one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch. Sometimes you just don't want to bring all the bad apples to the forefront. It brings up too much of an stink.

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/2/03 10:11:35 pm)
    Reply Teehee...
    Same as Shooter22 is saying...The auction site is the best I've dealt with...The General Discussion forum is another story...Some of the worst have been tamed, but old habits die hard....

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 1:07:49 am)
    Shooter:
    My feeling when I wrote what I did was trying to get the author to reply. He needs to think about casting general aspersions with blanket accusations. I know the discussion forum over there got out of hand and I just backed off from it. When you need something and there is nothing else to replace it discretion is the better part of valor. I was jumped on by the admin for "stabbing them in the back" my comment was out in the open and they zapped it about 15 seconds after I posted it and then spent the better part of 3 paragraphs telling me of my transgressions: I humbly acquiesced. Then on the other hand they have said some very nice things to me over the years. To get along at GB if you need their services and vast audience you just got to go along, it's not that tough. Sorry for the soapbox, teehee
    Life is not:easy, fair or cheap and sometimes bad things happen to good people..:)

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 10:53:20 am)
    Reply Re: Shooter:
    TeeHee yore rite as rain. I have eattin enuff crow in my life I dont hafta use airplanes, just flap my wings an AWAY...cappesh?

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/3/03 6:39:18 pm)
    Re: Like Merle Haggard said
    HOLD ON!!! Wait a minute!! Let's not go off the deep end here!

Lets regroup a bit and get a handle on what is actually going on and being said.

Teehee1, I believe that you are reading something into SDhunters' post that is not there. He specifically stated:
    Quote:
    I was a member of the BrandX forum but it seems they didn't like my sence of humor and decided to bannish me. Warpig told me about the forum and here I am. BrandX people were a bunch of lame asses

and makes no reference to the AUCTION portion of the site. (my emphasis added to the word "forum" in this paragraph)

Your statement:
    Quote:
    It's the largest auction site on the web for the stuff that I need to sell since the PRC made it impossible to continue the gun business there

combines the auction site with the forum site; which is an improper comparison. Ergo, you are improperly classifying YOURSELF as one of the "lame asses" through faullty association of the auction site with the forum site; it is nothing SDHunter has said or done.

Also, it is not he who
    Quote:
    needs to think about casting general aspersions with blanket accusations.

It is incumbenet upon you, the reader, to see and read what is actually written, and not visualize what your minds eye thinks it sees.

All too often a person will become so absosrbed by what is being read that their objectivity is lost and the minds eye interprets what is before them differently. This is particularly true/evident when reading items that are contrary to personal views, opinions or beliefs; and it is manifested moreso when one is under the impression that they are being personally attacked or an infringement on their "persona" is existant.

You have a right to your "soap box" and are free to step up and use it any time you have a mind to. Just one thing to remember though: while the members here have adopted an attitude of agreeing to disagree, we do so in a "gentlemanly" manner which does not distract from the family oriented nature and decorum of the site (and this is not, - does not, - or will not, imply(ing) that you have have psresently or in the past made any such transgression)

Regards

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 7:00:39 pm)
    Ruffitt
    I believe you are arguing semantics.
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/3/03 7:16:53 pm)
    Reply Hey!
    I'm still wantin' ta know yall's other handles...now ya know I posted awhile back what mine were (not for braggin' purposes) jest fessin' up...now what's yer's...

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/3/03 10:11:40 pm)
    The wanted thread was a pretty good, I made a lot of nice deals with folks on that one...which was a two way street, I gave some nice deals in return.

Never buy stuff on auctions, too easy to get screwed.

And like most of the old timers on this board I left because of the gangbangers mentality, couldn't get a fair shake out of some of those horses patutes.

And I still use the same handle here that I used back over there.

We have a good thing going here at TFF, and we owe it to Tac. And what's special about this place...is you the members who always seem to have something special and meaningful to say.

Gunguy

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/3/03 10:23:51 pm)
    ya know the funny thing is

When I started this thread I was deep into a bottle and half way polluted. I was sitting in front of the computer singing along with Merle Haggard. There was not supposed to be any deep meaning at all behind this post. I was just giving all of you a bit of culture by the way of old Merle.

SDhunter
    (1/4/03 1:48:01 am)
    Seems this teehee fella is gettin all sideways.

It is a funny thing.

AGunguy
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/4/03 8:10:45 am)
    Naw, its all in how you look at things after you've been here awhile. teehee1 is AOK.

Gunguy

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/4/03 10:08:15 am)
    You may believe I'm arguing semantics if you wish teehee1, but IMHO an auction site is a place where things are bought and sold while a discussion forum is a place where people come to converse and share of themselves. I believe there is a lot of difference between an auction site and a discussion group.

You implied that you were not using the discussion group
    Quote:
    I know the discussion forum over there got out of hand and I just backed off from it.

so you must be making your comparison between their auction site and TFF discussion site. Can't do that, it's a no - no.

I'll not go any further on this as I have stated all I have to say on the subject. Right, wrong, or indifferent, I've said what I have to say about it.

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 4:06:00 pm)
    My reply sure had nothing to do with TFF: now you're really reaching. As you said enuf said.
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/4/03 7:37:28 pm)
    Reply Hey!
    Y'alls funny...ta get this back on track...Listen to Jerry Jeff Walkers "LA Freeway"...now thats a bottle tippin' toon...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.